USB Ports.

Hey all, my USB Ports on my laptop are very intermittent. I have my
mouse/keyboard wireless combo plugged directly into the P4, WinXP system. I
get the combo set detecting and undetecting constantly... I have re-installed
the USB drivers, tried different ports, tested other devices. My device
manager is perfect. Any ideas? Is it lack of power to the USB ports? Thanks
for your help. Sincerely, Geoffrey.
2 answers Last reply
More about ports

    Your USB ports may be set to go to sleep if not in use. Under the
    Control Panel/System check the Device Manager for the USB ports and
    uncheck the go to sleep if not in use.
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "Geoffrey" wrote:

    > Hey all, my USB Ports on my laptop are very intermittent. I have my
    > mouse/keyboard wireless combo plugged directly into the P4, WinXP system. I
    > get the combo set detecting and undetecting constantly... I have re-installed
    > the USB drivers, tried different ports, tested other devices. My device
    > manager is perfect. Any ideas? Is it lack of power to the USB ports? Thanks
    > for your help. Sincerely, Geoffrey.

    I think ur laptop have a hardware problem. Suggest to check usb ports at
    dealer.
    My English is poor, ^_^
    --
    Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
    Remove nospam. to reply, plz.

    "Geoffrey" wrote:

    > Hey all, my USB Ports on my laptop are very intermittent. I have my
    > mouse/keyboard wireless combo plugged directly into the P4, WinXP system. I
    > get the combo set detecting and undetecting constantly... I have re-installed
    > the USB drivers, tried different ports, tested other devices. My device
    > manager is perfect. Any ideas? Is it lack of power to the USB ports? Thanks
    > for your help. Sincerely, Geoffrey.

USB Devices Windows XP