  • USB
  • Devices
  • Windows XP
August 5, 2005 12:00:25 PM

Hey all, my USB Ports on my laptop are very intermittent. I have my
mouse/keyboard wireless combo plugged directly into the P4, WinXP system. I
get the combo set detecting and undetecting constantly... I have re-installed
the USB drivers, tried different ports, tested other devices. My device
manager is perfect. Any ideas? Is it lack of power to the USB ports? Thanks
for your help. Sincerely, Geoffrey.

More about : usb ports

August 5, 2005 12:11:05 PM

Your USB ports may be set to go to sleep if not in use. Under the
Control Panel/System check the Device Manager for the USB ports and
uncheck the go to sleep if not in use.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Geoffrey" wrote:

> Hey all, my USB Ports on my laptop are very intermittent. I have my
> mouse/keyboard wireless combo plugged directly into the P4, WinXP system. I
> get the combo set detecting and undetecting constantly... I have re-installed
> the USB drivers, tried different ports, tested other devices. My device
> manager is perfect. Any ideas? Is it lack of power to the USB ports? Thanks
> for your help. Sincerely, Geoffrey.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 12:22:02 PM

I think ur laptop have a hardware problem. Suggest to check usb ports at
dealer.
My English is poor, ^_^
--
Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com