Can't download free games because my security settings won..

Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I send
emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried to
download free games off MSN, this was also the message.

I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
regarding settings in OE.

Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so don't
know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run, cmd...
etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.

I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already :-(

Please can anyone help?

Many thanks,
9 answers Last reply
More about download free games security settings

    Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
    --
    Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
    Remove nospam. to reply, plz.

    "Clarey" wrote:

    > Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I send
    > emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
    > couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
    > security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried to
    > download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
    >
    > I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
    > regarding settings in OE.
    >
    > Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so don't
    > know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run, cmd...
    > etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
    >
    > I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already :-(
    >
    > Please can anyone help?
    >
    > Many thanks,

    Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
    (doh?)

    Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?

    "Serenades" wrote:

    > Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
    > --
    > Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
    > Remove nospam. to reply, plz.
    >

    > "Clarey" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I send
    > > emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
    > > couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
    > > security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried to
    > > download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
    > >
    > > I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
    > > regarding settings in OE.
    > >
    > > Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so don't
    > > know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run, cmd...
    > > etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
    > >
    > > I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already :-(
    > >
    > > Please can anyone help?
    > >
    > > Many thanks,

    Will, sorry, this is how thick I am, I read your post as 'OE' not 'IE' will
    try that now....

    "Clarey" wrote:

    > Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
    > (doh?)
    >
    > Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?
    >

    > "Serenades" wrote:
    >
    > > Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
    > > --
    > > Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
    > > Remove nospam. to reply, plz.
    > >

    > > "Clarey" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I send
    > > > emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
    > > > couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
    > > > security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried to
    > > > download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
    > > >
    > > > I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
    > > > regarding settings in OE.
    > > >
    > > > Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so don't
    > > > know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run, cmd...
    > > > etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
    > > >
    > > > I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already :-(
    > > >
    > > > Please can anyone help?
    > > >
    > > > Many thanks,

    Will, thanks, just did what you said, and it appears to be working now....

    You don't know where I put my OE now do you?

    Thanks again

    "Clarey" wrote:

    > Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
    > (doh?)
    >
    > Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?
    >

    > "Serenades" wrote:
    >
    > > Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
    > > --
    > > Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
    > > Remove nospam. to reply, plz.
    > >

    > > "Clarey" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I send
    > > > emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
    > > > couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
    > > > security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried to
    > > > download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
    > > >
    > > > I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
    > > > regarding settings in OE.
    > > >
    > > > Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so don't
    > > > know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run, cmd...
    > > > etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
    > > >
    > > > I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already :-(
    > > >
    > > > Please can anyone help?
    > > >
    > > > Many thanks,

    Ur OE:
    "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
    --

    "Clarey" wrote:

    > Will, thanks, just did what you said, and it appears to be working now....
    >
    > You don't know where I put my OE now do you?
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > "Clarey" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
    > > (doh?)
    > >
    > > Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?
    > >

    > > "Serenades" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
    > > > --
    > > > Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
    > > > Remove nospam. to reply, plz.

    Hi

    It's probably the settings in Internet Explorer. Open IE and go to
    Tools>Internet Options>Security. Try setting all four options to 'Default',
    restart IE and try the downloads again.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Clarey" <Clarey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I
    > send
    > emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
    > couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
    > security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried
    > download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
    >
    > I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
    > regarding settings in OE.
    >
    > Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so
    > don't
    > know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run,
    > cmd...
    > etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
    >
    > I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already
    > :-(
    >
    > Please can anyone help?
    >
    > Many thanks,

    Hi

    I'm talking about Internet Explorer, not Outlook Express. From Start>Run
    type

    iexplore

    then try changing the settings.

    --

    > Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
    > (doh?)
    >
    > Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?
    >

    > "Serenades" wrote:
    >
    >> Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
    >> --
    >> Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
    >> Remove nospam. to reply, plz.
    >>

    >> "Clarey" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I
    >> > send
    >> > emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that
    >> > couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your
    >> > current
    >> > security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I
    >> > tried to
    >> > download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
    >> >
    >> > I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are
    >> > all
    >> > regarding settings in OE.
    >> >
    >> > Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so
    >> > don't
    >> > know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run,
    >> > cmd...
    >> > etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
    >> >
    >> > I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it
    >> > already :-(
    >> >
    >> > Please can anyone help?
    >> >
    >> > Many thanks,

    i have a question related to this post, how do you find c:program files? step
    by step, please, thanks
    --
    xp-pro,sp2,ff1.0.6,40gb,380mb
    vig mobo,900gz,

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm talking about Internet Explorer, not Outlook Express. From Start>Run
    > type
    >
    > iexplore
    >
    > then try changing the settings.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Clarey" <Clarey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
    > > (doh?)
    > >
    > > Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?
    > >

    > > "Serenades" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
    > >> --
    > >> Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
    > >> Remove nospam. to reply, plz.

    It is not so sure that you will have C:\Program Files at all but if you want
    to know where Outlook Express is then you just right-click "My Computer" on
    the desktop-->Explore-->C:\ -->Program and scroll down to Outlook Express.
    That's where I have it and hopefully you too.

    Regards,

    Gunilla

    "matchstich" <matchstich@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
    >i have a question related to this post, how do you find c:program files?
    >step
    > by step, please, thanks
    > --
    > xp-pro,sp2,ff1.0.6,40gb,380mb
    > vig mobo,900gz,
    > computer newbie
    >

    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I'm talking about Internet Explorer, not Outlook Express. From Start>Run
    >> type
    >>
    >> iexplore
    >>
    >> then try changing the settings.
    >>
    >> --