Can't download free games because my security settings won..

a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 12:26:25 PM

Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I send
emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried to
download free games off MSN, this was also the message.

I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
regarding settings in OE.

Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so don't
know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run, cmd...
etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.

I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already :-(

Please can anyone help?

Many thanks,
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 12:46:58 PM

Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
--
Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
Remove nospam. to reply, plz.

"Clarey" wrote:

> Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I send
> emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
> couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
> security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried to
> download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
>
> I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
> regarding settings in OE.
>
> Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so don't
> know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run, cmd...
> etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
>
> I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already :-(
>
> Please can anyone help?
>
> Many thanks,
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 12:51:03 PM

Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
(doh?)

Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?

"Serenades" wrote:

> Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
> --
> Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
> Remove nospam. to reply, plz.
>

> "Clarey" wrote:
>
> > Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I send
> > emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
> > couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
> > security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried to
> > download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
> >
> > I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
> > regarding settings in OE.
> >
> > Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so don't
> > know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run, cmd...
> > etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
> >
> > I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already :-(
> >
> > Please can anyone help?
> >
> > Many thanks,
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 12:59:04 PM

Will, sorry, this is how thick I am, I read your post as 'OE' not 'IE' will
try that now....

"Clarey" wrote:

> Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
> (doh?)
>
> Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?
>

> "Serenades" wrote:
>
> > Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
> > --
> > Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
> > Remove nospam. to reply, plz.
> >

> > "Clarey" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I send
> > > emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
> > > couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
> > > security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried to
> > > download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
> > >
> > > I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
> > > regarding settings in OE.
> > >
> > > Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so don't
> > > know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run, cmd...
> > > etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
> > >
> > > I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already :-(
> > >
> > > Please can anyone help?
> > >
> > > Many thanks,
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 1:00:16 PM

Will, thanks, just did what you said, and it appears to be working now....

You don't know where I put my OE now do you?

Thanks again

"Clarey" wrote:

> Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
> (doh?)
>
> Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?
>

> "Serenades" wrote:
>
> > Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
> > --
> > Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
> > Remove nospam. to reply, plz.
> >

> > "Clarey" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I send
> > > emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
> > > couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
> > > security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried to
> > > download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
> > >
> > > I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
> > > regarding settings in OE.
> > >
> > > Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so don't
> > > know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run, cmd...
> > > etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
> > >
> > > I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already :-(
> > >
> > > Please can anyone help?
> > >
> > > Many thanks,
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 1:12:08 PM

Ur OE:
"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
--

"Clarey" wrote:

> Will, thanks, just did what you said, and it appears to be working now....
>
> You don't know where I put my OE now do you?
>
> Thanks again
>
> "Clarey" wrote:
>
> > Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
> > (doh?)
> >
> > Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?
> >

> > "Serenades" wrote:
> >
> > > Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
> > > --
> > > Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
> > > Remove nospam. to reply, plz.

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 8:36:31 PM

Hi

It's probably the settings in Internet Explorer. Open IE and go to
Tools>Internet Options>Security. Try setting all four options to 'Default',
restart IE and try the downloads again.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Clarey" <Clarey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I
> send
> emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that I
> couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your current
> security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I tried
> download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
>
> I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are all
> regarding settings in OE.
>
> Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so
> don't
> know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run,
> cmd...
> etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
>
> I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it already
> :-(
>
> Please can anyone help?
>
> Many thanks,
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 9:01:41 PM

Hi

I'm talking about Internet Explorer, not Outlook Express. From Start>Run
type

iexplore

then try changing the settings.

--

> Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
> (doh?)
>
> Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?
>

> "Serenades" wrote:
>
>> Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
>> --
>> Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
>> Remove nospam. to reply, plz.
>>

>> "Clarey" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all, I don't know much about computers, and by my own admission, I
>> > send
>> > emails and yahoo, and play games... or I am trying to. I noticed that
>> > couldn't save a photo sent to me on my yahoo email, saying 'your
>> > current
>> > security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'. When I
>> > tried to
>> > download free games off MSN, this was also the message.
>> >
>> > I have read some of the posts regarding security, and the answers are
>> > all
>> > regarding settings in OE.
>> >
>> > Strangely enough, I don't have outlook express, although I used to, so
>> > don't
>> > know where it has gone. I followed one link going through the 'run,
>> > cmd...
>> > etc etc' and that didn't do anything, came up with an error message.
>> >
>> > I have only had this computer 3 months, and can't have broken it
>> > already :-(
>> >
>> > Please can anyone help?
>> >
>> > Many thanks,
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 9:01:42 PM

i have a question related to this post, how do you find c:p rogram files? step
by step, please, thanks
--
xp-pro,sp2,ff1.0.6,40gb,380mb
vig mobo,900gz,

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm talking about Internet Explorer, not Outlook Express. From Start>Run
> type
>
> iexplore
>
> then try changing the settings.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Clarey" <Clarey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Will, I don't have OE on my desktop anymore, and can't find it anywhere
> > (doh?)
> >
> > Hi Serenades, will this be my mcaffee antivirus that came with the PC?
> >

> > "Serenades" wrote:
> >
> >> Close ur Anti-virus software, try it. Good luck.
> >> --
> >> Serenades.Q@nospam.Gmail.com
> >> Remove nospam. to reply, plz.

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 6, 2005 5:16:01 AM

It is not so sure that you will have C:\Program Files at all but if you want
to know where Outlook Express is then you just right-click "My Computer" on
the desktop-->Explore-->C:\ -->Program and scroll down to Outlook Express.
That's where I have it and hopefully you too.

Regards,

Gunilla

"matchstich" <matchstich@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
>i have a question related to this post, how do you find c:p rogram files?
>step
> by step, please, thanks
> --
> xp-pro,sp2,ff1.0.6,40gb,380mb
> vig mobo,900gz,
> computer newbie
>

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm talking about Internet Explorer, not Outlook Express. From Start>Run
>> type
>>
>> iexplore
>>
>> then try changing the settings.
>>
>> --