WTB: Manual/schematic for Ice Fever

I need a manual or schematic for Ice Fever. Mine doesn't
fire up (just shows 0,000,000 on all displays, strobing
quickly), and I noticed there's an unattached wire in
the backbox. It looks like it used to connect near
several other wires, but there are many bare connectors
in that spot and I don't know where it goes.

I know that sounds insane, but this particular area looks
like a hack job. You'd have to see it to know what I
mean. Hmm, maybe I should take a picture.

Anyway, any leads?

Kevin

Kevin,

It sounds like the slam switch on the coin door is open. It has to be
normally closed for the game to function.

As far as the loose wire goes, (and this is just a guess without
knowing the exact color code or location of the wire), someone may have
previously done the slam switch mod that Clay recommends. Refer to
http://www.marvin3m.com/sys80/index2.htm#slam. In doing the mod, Clay
suggests removing the wire from pin 10 of A1-J5 on the CPU. It could
be that the CPU currently in your machine may not have the mod done,
but the wire was removed. Hence, this would make the slam switch open
all of the time.

Post a pic, and I'm sure that someone will have a definitive answer for
you.

Jim
--
flipper [at] pa [dot] net

Kevin Martin wrote:
> I need a manual or schematic for Ice Fever. Mine doesn't
> fire up (just shows 0,000,000 on all displays, strobing
> quickly), and I noticed there's an unattached wire in
> the backbox. It looks like it used to connect near
> several other wires, but there are many bare connectors
> in that spot and I don't know where it goes.
>
> I know that sounds insane, but this particular area looks
> like a hack job. You'd have to see it to know what I
> mean. Hmm, maybe I should take a picture.
>
> Anyway, any leads?
>
> Kevin

Kevin, if all want well you did receive an interesting document Leon