Dell automatic support

I got an automated update notice about an upgrade/fix to the DVD burning
software. I went ahead and d/l'd it, and when I went to install it, I
found out that the version on my computer was newer than what the fix was.

The file name is CD21 and it's a CmbFlash file.

In checking it out, a right click and then selecting language reveals
that its Chinese (Taiwan).

Is this for real? And if so, why would it be an older version than I
already have?

TIA

Tom S.
Houston, TX

"Tom Simchak" <not.today@thankyou.org> wrote in message
>I got an automated update notice about an upgrade/fix to the DVD burning
>software. I went ahead and d/l'd it, and when I went to install it, I
>found out that the version on my computer was newer than what the fix was.
>
> The file name is CD21 and it's a CmbFlash file.
>
> In checking it out, a right click and then selecting language reveals that
> its Chinese (Taiwan).
>
> Is this for real? And if so, why would it be an older version than I
> already have?
>
> TIA
>
> Tom S.
> Houston, TX

I don't know and I really don't care if your current software is functioning
fine. I wouldn't install it so long as you're not seeing problems.

Stew