P8 start at 10 GHZ

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=7492

The thing i dont get how can make a tejas at 9GHZ or even 7GHZ on 90 NM.OK that more that a die shrink but even so.ALso teja and presscott will run at a higher FSB 933 and 1066 FSB.Why move to 933 FSB big lose of time just offer 1066 FSB after 1200 FSB anandtech make a assumption that 1200 FSB will be a BBUL package to be able to reach that speed.Also what got sync with 933 FSB nothing except if intel plan to back up a mod DDR 1 standart at 433 mghz.

This info as to be take with caution.

Just next to the lab and the bunker you will find the marketing departement.
8 answers Last reply
More about start
  1. <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=7481" target="_new">FutureFourGensLink</A> (It would help to have the right link first)

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Schmide on 01/29/03 01:52 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  2. sorry

3. I think we've heard that Intel's planning on moving Teja to 65 nm before going to Nehalem. Also keep in mind strained silicon and possibly SOI.

"We are Microsoft, resistance is futile." - Bill Gates, 2015.
  4. I hear Intel's 90nm process has something like 50nm gateways?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
  5. 40 NM or 50 NM i think as 130NM node use 60 NM gate

6. That the Tera transistor intel have state before the next decate so this will be ready for some very far away chip.

Possible at 65NM as i know tejas will be only avaible in 90NM node

7. What about the tri-gate transistor?

--
    This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:
  8. This part of the tera transistor even so trigate setting will not be need before a very long time i expect around the time that Pentium reach 10 GHZ.Strained silicon allready improve greatly drive current.As a personal theory i give before there is 2 prescott on the lab 1 that was able to reach out of the door for early 2003 the others for early 2004 or 2003 Q4.We will got info on presscott when ISSCC will be finish.Unless there a big change on 90NM node something juicy that intel have keep to the release of the chip i hope this is not a extra pipeligne or 2 to be able to reach this speed.

ON a P4 8 GHz on 90NM the power consumation will be higher that on a Itanium 2/3 reach this will be able to use only with 600 watt PSU + if the power cosumation trend dont decrease on VPU/GPU at this rate R350 with 140 million transistor(around).I guess we will need big PSU in the future with big bill thank i live in QUébec the land of almost free electricity

Its can also be just spectacular information to increase it flow on is website

Just next to the lab and the bunker you will find the marketing departement.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by juin on 01/30/03 09:52 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs