Tech: Removal of MM Draw bridge Gear from Shaft.

I have a MM whose final gear(which drives the drawbridge and switch arms) is
slipping on the shaft. I can get the shaft out, but how do I remove the gear
from the shaft, is it threaded on?

Isn't there a set screw on it ? Probably an allen head. LTG :)

"Will" <neogeoreo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a MM whose final gear(which drives the drawbridge and switch arms)
is
> slipping on the shaft. I can get the shaft out, but how do I remove the
gear
> from the shaft, is it threaded on?

It is just pressed on, the shaft is round and the hole is the gear is square
(started out). It should not be that hard to get off if it is slipping. You
will most likely need to epoxy the gear to the shaft because the gear is not
available.
Tim

"Will" <neogeoreo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a MM whose final gear(which drives the drawbridge and switch arms)
>is
> slipping on the shaft. I can get the shaft out, but how do I remove the
> gear
> from the shaft, is it threaded on?

Thanks for the info. The root of my problem was the switch arm was becomming
stuck on the down switch, causing the mechanism to seize. Adjusting the
switch away from the arm fixed it.