USB Unknown Device, but worked before

a b \ Driver
August 5, 2005 12:45:20 PM

i installed an usb device, and all the drivers for it, it worked for two
days, it was recognized. Now it will not recognize the device. I have tried
uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers, all the software that used
the device. and even tried to install the driver by locating with 'have disk'
browse. i have tried all the directories that the drivers were installed to,
and then some. and also the install disk.

Device manager says that its an unknown device, and theres no problem with
it. but will not update to the proper drivers. How can i alleviate this
problem short of reformatting my computer.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 5, 2005 8:54:10 PM

Try the add-remove hardware in control panel

"Jeremie Santos" <Jeremie Santos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i installed an usb device, and all the drivers for it, it worked for two
> days, it was recognized. Now it will not recognize the device. I have
> tried
> uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers, all the software that
> used
> the device. and even tried to install the driver by locating with 'have
> disk'
> browse. i have tried all the directories that the drivers were installed
> to,
> and then some. and also the install disk.
>
> Device manager says that its an unknown device, and theres no problem with
> it. but will not update to the proper drivers. How can i alleviate this
> problem short of reformatting my computer.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 5, 2005 8:54:11 PM

tried it, not working, i have the driver installed through 'add hardware' but
it isn't linked to the hardware device connected through the usb. the usb
still appears as 'Unknown Device'.

when i plugged in the usb device, it was captured as, unknown device, then
'your device is ready to be used'.

!