ICQ_99b, Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS..

I installed ICQ 99b, big mistake!
now im trying to delete from my computer since i have a new version, and i
cant!
everytime i try to do it i get this message!
went to control panel and try it from add and remove, didnt work same message!
i even tried using Absolute Uninstaller, and same message!

how do i get rid of this program?
please help me!

here is the message:

C:\WINDOW\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.
5 answers Last reply
More about icq_99b error message install start

    From your post, it looks like the ICQ uninstaller program is a 16bit
    application. See:

    Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    program:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

    For ICQ specific issues, try here:
    http://www.icq.com/boards/

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "wiribiri" <wiribiri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I installed ICQ 99b, big mistake!
    > now im trying to delete from my computer since i have a new version, and i
    > cant!
    > everytime i try to do it i get this message!
    > went to control panel and try it from add and remove, didnt work same
    > message!
    > i even tried using Absolute Uninstaller, and same message!
    >
    > how do i get rid of this program?
    > please help me!
    >
    > here is the message:
    >
    > C:\WINDOW\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > running
    > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
    > application.

    It may not be! However, the XP installer/uninstaller seems to also check
    for this file.

    > From your post, it looks like the ICQ uninstaller program is a 16bit
    > application. See:
    >
    > Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    > program:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
    >
    > For ICQ specific issues, try here:
    > http://www.icq.com/boards/
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "wiribiri" <wiribiri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I installed ICQ 99b, big mistake!
    >> now im trying to delete from my computer since i have a new version, and
    >> cant!
    >> everytime i try to do it i get this message!
    >> went to control panel and try it from add and remove, didnt work same
    >> message!
    >> i even tried using Absolute Uninstaller, and same message!
    >>
    >> how do i get rid of this program?
    >> please help me!
    >>
    >> here is the message:
    >>
    >> C:\WINDOW\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    >> running
    >> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
    >> the
    >> application.

    What do you mean by XP installer/uninstaller ?

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    > It may not be! However, the XP installer/uninstaller seems to also check
    > for this file.
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> From your post, it looks like the ICQ uninstaller program is a 16bit
    >> application. See:
    >>
    >> Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    >> program:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
    >>
    >> For ICQ specific issues, try here:
    >> http://www.icq.com/boards/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "wiribiri" <wiribiri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I installed ICQ 99b, big mistake!
    >>> now im trying to delete from my computer since i have a new version, and
    >>> cant!
    >>> everytime i try to do it i get this message!
    >>> went to control panel and try it from add and remove, didnt work same
    >>> message!
    >>> i even tried using Absolute Uninstaller, and same message!
    >>>
    >>> how do i get rid of this program?
    >>> please help me!
    >>>
    >>> here is the message:
    >>>
    >>> C:\WINDOW\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    >>> running
    >>> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
    >>> the
    >>> application.

    The "Add/Remove Program" Control Panel and/or "Uninstall ICQ99" icon.

    > What do you mean by XP installer/uninstaller ?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote in message
    >> It may not be! However, the XP installer/uninstaller seems to also check
    >> for this file.
    >>

    >> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> From your post, it looks like the ICQ uninstaller program is a 16bit
    >>> application. See:
    >>>
    >>> Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit
    >>> Windows-based program:
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
    >>>
    >>> For ICQ specific issues, try here:
    >>> http://www.icq.com/boards/
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>>

    >>> "wiribiri" <wiribiri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    FYI, the Add/Remove Program is just an applet that simply invokes the
    uninstaller program defined by ICQ.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org