ICQ_99b, Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS..

I installed ICQ 99b, big mistake!
now im trying to delete from my computer since i have a new version, and i
cant!
everytime i try to do it i get this message!
went to control panel and try it from add and remove, didnt work same message!
i even tried using Absolute Uninstaller, and same message!

how do i get rid of this program?
please help me!

here is the message:

C:\WINDOW\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

From your post, it looks like the ICQ uninstaller program is a 16bit
application. See:

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
program:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

For ICQ specific issues, try here:
http://www.icq.com/boards/

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"wiribiri" <wiribiri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed ICQ 99b, big mistake!
> now im trying to delete from my computer since i have a new version, and i
> cant!
> everytime i try to do it i get this message!
> went to control panel and try it from add and remove, didnt work same
> message!
> i even tried using Absolute Uninstaller, and same message!
>
> how do i get rid of this program?
> please help me!
>
> here is the message:
>
> C:\WINDOW\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> running
> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
> application.

It may not be! However, the XP installer/uninstaller seems to also check
for this file.

> From your post, it looks like the ICQ uninstaller program is a 16bit
> application. See:
>
> Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
> program:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>
> For ICQ specific issues, try here:
> http://www.icq.com/boards/
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "wiribiri" <wiribiri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I installed ICQ 99b, big mistake!
>> now im trying to delete from my computer since i have a new version, and
>> cant!
>> everytime i try to do it i get this message!
>> went to control panel and try it from add and remove, didnt work same
>> message!
>> i even tried using Absolute Uninstaller, and same message!
>>
>> how do i get rid of this program?
>> please help me!
>>
>> here is the message:
>>
>> C:\WINDOW\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
>> running
>> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
>> the
>> application.

What do you mean by XP installer/uninstaller ?

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> It may not be! However, the XP installer/uninstaller seems to also check
> for this file.
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> From your post, it looks like the ICQ uninstaller program is a 16bit
>> application. See:
>>
>> Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
>> program:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>>
>> For ICQ specific issues, try here:
>> http://www.icq.com/boards/
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "wiribiri" <wiribiri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I installed ICQ 99b, big mistake!
>>> now im trying to delete from my computer since i have a new version, and
>>> cant!
>>> everytime i try to do it i get this message!
>>> went to control panel and try it from add and remove, didnt work same
>>> message!
>>> i even tried using Absolute Uninstaller, and same message!
>>>
>>> how do i get rid of this program?
>>> please help me!
>>>
>>> here is the message:
>>>
>>> C:\WINDOW\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
>>> running
>>> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
>>> the
>>> application.

The "Add/Remove Program" Control Panel and/or "Uninstall ICQ99" icon.

> What do you mean by XP installer/uninstaller ?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote in message
>> It may not be! However, the XP installer/uninstaller seems to also check
>> for this file.
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> From your post, it looks like the ICQ uninstaller program is a 16bit
>>> application. See:
>>>
>>> Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit
>>> Windows-based program:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>>>
>>> For ICQ specific issues, try here:
>>> http://www.icq.com/boards/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "wiribiri" <wiribiri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

FYI, the Add/Remove Program is just an applet that simply invokes the
uninstaller program defined by ICQ.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org