clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Console gaming is not something I'm very familiar with, so please bear with a real noob here. Is there any reason to buy a HDTV with a resolution of graeter than 720p for an xbox 360? I have read that all xbox games are 720p resolution... just upscaled for the 1080i and p screens. The HDTV will be used solely for gaming with the console.

Solution
Thats up to you. It is fact that most 360 AND PS3 games are upscaled to 1080P via software.

Also - a lot of PS3 and 360 games actually do not run 720P either, usually a smaller weird resolution is used for a lot of games, for example 1152 x 622.

Although If I was buying a new HDTV today - I wouldn't go any lower than 1080P - just for future proofing a little bit.
Thats up to you. It is fact that most 360 AND PS3 games are upscaled to 1080P via software.

Also - a lot of PS3 and 360 games actually do not run 720P either, usually a smaller weird resolution is used for a lot of games, for example 1152 x 622.

Although If I was buying a new HDTV today - I wouldn't go any lower than 1080P - just for future proofing a little bit.

Solution