Where is the comprehensive list of pinball name abbreviati..

salty

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004

I know a few abbreviations listed in the FAQ, but I see soooo many
floating around in posts and I have no idea what they are.

Can we start listing some here in hopes that other poor saps like me
can find this thread someday and not have to remain clueless?

Here's what I can name off the top of my head:

TZ - Twilight Zone
T2 - Terminator 2
FH - Funhouse
CFTBL - Creature from the Black Lagoon (or Creech?)
IJ - Indiana Jones
LOTR - Lord of the Rings
WW - White Water
MM - Medieval Madness
ToM - Theater of Magic
CV - Cirqus Voltaire
CP - Championship Pub
FB - NBA Fastbreak
HS - High Speed
FP - Firepower

Alphabet soup anyone?

Comprehensive, searchable list at http://www.bull.usyd.edu.au/pinball/. I
suggest you become more familiar with searching RGP archives through
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball?hl=en&safe=off

GRY

"Salty" <salty_sohal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I know a few abbreviations listed in the FAQ, but I see soooo many
> floating around in posts and I have no idea what they are.
>
> Can we start listing some here in hopes that other poor saps like me
> can find this thread someday and not have to remain clueless?
>
> Here's what I can name off the top of my head:
>
> TZ - Twilight Zone
> T2 - Terminator 2
> FH - Funhouse
> CFTBL - Creature from the Black Lagoon (or Creech?)
> IJ - Indiana Jones
> LOTR - Lord of the Rings
> WW - White Water
> MM - Medieval Madness
> ToM - Theater of Magic
> CV - Cirqus Voltaire
> CP - Championship Pub
> FB - NBA Fastbreak
> HS - High Speed
> FP - Firepower
>
> Alphabet soup anyone?

Instant info here
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball?hl=en

Acronyms here-

http://www.bull.usyd.edu.au/pi­nball/
http://www.pinballnews.com/lea­rn/acronyms.html
http://www.ipdb.org/ You can search games by initials
LTG :)

"Salty" <salty_sohal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I know a few abbreviations listed in the FAQ, but I see soooo many
> floating around in posts and I have no idea what they are.
>
> Can we start listing some here in hopes that other poor saps like me
> can find this thread someday and not have to remain clueless?
>
> Here's what I can name off the top of my head:
>
> TZ - Twilight Zone
> T2 - Terminator 2
> FH - Funhouse
> CFTBL - Creature from the Black Lagoon (or Creech?)
> IJ - Indiana Jones
> LOTR - Lord of the Rings
> WW - White Water
> MM - Medieval Madness
> ToM - Theater of Magic
> CV - Cirqus Voltaire
> CP - Championship Pub
> FB - NBA Fastbreak
> HS - High Speed
> FP - Firepower
>
> Alphabet soup anyone?

How come www.ipdb.org doesn't work for me anymore? My browser says
'can't find server'. I don't have any other browsing problems (although
I can't load the images in marvin's fix it site).

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Here, http://www.bull.usyd.edu.au/pinball/

Troy,

"Salty" <salty_sohal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I know a few abbreviations listed in the FAQ, but I see soooo many
> floating around in posts and I have no idea what they are.
>
> Can we start listing some here in hopes that other poor saps like me
> can find this thread someday and not have to remain clueless?
>
> Here's what I can name off the top of my head:
>
> TZ - Twilight Zone
> T2 - Terminator 2
> FH - Funhouse
> CFTBL - Creature from the Black Lagoon (or Creech?)
> IJ - Indiana Jones
> LOTR - Lord of the Rings
> WW - White Water
> MM - Medieval Madness
> ToM - Theater of Magic
> CV - Cirqus Voltaire
> CP - Championship Pub
> FB - NBA Fastbreak
> HS - High Speed
> FP - Firepower
>
> Alphabet soup anyone?

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

maybe you should email them and let them know to update their site.

Troy,