Password Expiration

I am using XP Pro and my password for my admin account keeps expiring about
every month. This is a home computer and I do not want to come up with a new
password every month but do want to continue using a password to log into the
admin account. Does anybody know how to lengthen this or get rid of the
expiration time?

Scott

Start>Control Panel>Performance & Maintenance>Administrative Tools>Computer
Management> expand Local Users & Groups in left hand pane then choose users.
Right click on user you need in right pane and choose Properties. Click
"Password never expires" box>OK

"bucky97" wrote:

> I am using XP Pro and my password for my admin account keeps expiring about
> every month. This is a home computer and I do not want to come up with a new
> password every month but do want to continue using a password to log into the
> admin account. Does anybody know how to lengthen this or get rid of the
> expiration time?

Start > Run > type control userpasswords2 > ok
Select the Advanced tab
Press the Advanced button under the Advanced user managemen.
Select Users in the Local Users and Groups.
In the right pane, right-click the user name for which you want to
change the setting, and select Properties.

On the General tab, check Password never expires.
Click Apply and OK (all the way out).

regards,
ssg MS-MVP