Windows 7 Professional Error Message

pksaal

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Hello,
In an attempt to log on to Windows 7, I could not get to the desktop and the error message: Failer to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to teh System Event Notification Service service. It also, said, "Location is not available: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop. I ran system restore and was able to get the desk top screen, however, nothing responded and in an attempt to shut down, I had to hit control/alt/del which now has me stuck in Logging off..... any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

pksaal

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Hello,
In an attempt to log on to Windows 7, I could not get to the desktop and the error message: Failer to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to teh System Event Notification Service service. It also, said, "Location is not available: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop. I ran system restore and was able to get the desk top screen, however, nothing responded and in an attempt to shut down, I had to hit control/alt/del which now has me stuck in Logging off..... any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

RealBeast

Titan
If all else fails, a repair installation of Windows 7 will fix the problem and save your data and programs, you just have to re-install all updates. Note that if you have an original Windows 7 disk and upgraded to SP1 you need SP1 disk to do the repair and you can legally download it here (as long as you have your software key to activate the repair): http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-7-Download-118183.html