Armada 4130T - Dead

I was given an old Armada 4130T. It has the extension base and battery
handle...
It appears complete and used, but not abused.
I bought the correct compaq ac power adapter/recharger and it checks good at
18.75 volts...

I get absolutely no sign of power from the laptop when connected to this ac
adapter.
No lights or response from the "power" switch. Does not seem to be charging
the battery.
I tried it with and without ext base, with and without handle battery...
Nothing.

Of course, I have no history on this unit... don't know OS or maintenance
history, etc...
Flex cable on handle checks ok.

Anyone know of particular problems with this model or how to proceed next.
Thanks - Joe

jerome

Distinguished
May 17, 2002

Joe M a écrit:
> I was given an old Armada 4130T. It has the extension base and battery
> handle...
> It appears complete and used, but not abused.
> I bought the correct compaq ac power adapter/recharger and it checks good at
> 18.75 volts...
>
> I get absolutely no sign of power from the laptop when connected to this ac
> adapter.
> No lights or response from the "power" switch. Does not seem to be charging
> the battery.
You can try to open the computer and look for a fuse on the motherboard
next to the adapter plug ( its a small rectangular component in a
surface mount
socket).
You can find explanations on how to disassemble the computer in the PDF
maintenance manual in the HP/Compaq website.
I got mine running that way!

Thanks for the info...
Can the fuse be replaced thru the bottom cover?...
Or do I have remove the mobo from the chassis to access it...
Thanks - Joe