tech:spacer for Bally rectifier board bridge

Any ideas on what I can use as a spacer between the rectifier board and the
bridge rectifier on a AS2518-54 board.

Someone took the original bridge off the board and mounted it to the side
with wires connecting the board to the bridge. Now I'd like to put it back
together the way it was supposed to be.

--
Remove the X from the email address to email me

If you mean the brown bakelite square things, I think I have a few
laying around.
e-mail me your snail-mail and I'll pop a pair in an envelope for you.

I would recommend however, that you replace those little bridges and
mount a couple
big ones on top, and mount a "regular" heatsink on BR1. I have a
picture of one I upgraded
this way, but don't have it w/ me here at work. Let me know if you're
interested and I'll e-mail
it to you tomorrow. You can get the rebuild kit, including the
heatsink at Big Daddy Enterprises
(http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com), under the Bally Repair Kits.

Steve (cargpb10)

you don't use a spacer on the 54, the mounting plate in the cabinet
acts as the heat sink for it. You can bolt it all in place and solder
the leads in place to get a good connection between the bridge and the
plate. (use heat sink compound - less is better)

I think I need a spacer between the circuit borad and the bridge rectifier,
otherwise the bridge rectifier will not make contact with the mounting
plate.

There is a spacer on the 1 Bridge Rectifier that is still installed
correctly.

On 2005-06-16 02:42:59 -0700, "Steve Vassiliadis" <olivuts@yahooX.com> said:

> Any ideas on what I can use as a spacer between the rectifier board and the
> bridge rectifier on a AS2518-54 board.
>
> Someone took the original bridge off the board and mounted it to the side
> with wires connecting the board to the bridge. Now I'd like to put it back
> together the way it was supposed to be.

Old Stern video game power supplies are a good source for this metal
plate with three holes in it - your spacer. I have a few left if you
don't find it closer.

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call