Do i need a sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slothlust

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
hello, i am looking forward to buy a decent surround speaker system mainly for gaming/movies/music and my questions are :

1. since i don't really care about overkill bass and my priority is: very defined sound, where you can hear all the soft sounds. In this case i dont know if Gigaworks S750 or Logitech Z-5500 is going to be better. any suggestions?

2. Also, I have Asus P6X58D motherboard, and i don't know if i need a sound card since it is a fairly new motherboard.
if so, then which one would be best?

3. does anyone know how long are the Z-5500 Rear speaker cables?

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
If you want to hear minute details you need bigger speakers. Computer speakers are not going to do it for you.

What is your budget? On a smaller budget I would probably recommend a 4.0 or 4.1 system. Sounds like you need either powered monitors or passive speakers and a receiver.

A sound card may or more not be necessary depending on what system you plan to get. Once you determine what speakers you are going to get, you can work out if you need a sound card.

slothlust

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
well, my budget would be about £500 max. so, are powered monitors better or worse than passive speakers and a receiver ? (i'm a newbie in audio stuff)

can u suggest any decent products?

thanks for ur response.

Status
Not open for further replies.