Using the 1905FP flat screen in portrait mode

Hi.

I'm a newbie here and not at all a hardware buff. My question is a very
simple one. How do I use my 1905FP flat screen in portrait mode? I
start up Word (for example) but if I rotate the screen, the document
doesn't realign itself. And typing with my head held at a right angle
becomes uncomfortable after 48 hours.

I've done a bit of googling to solve this problem and some sites
suggest I need third party drivers to do this, but they don't tell me
where I can download them.

This is probably an embarrassingly simple problem, but I'm prepared to
be embarrassed. Hopefully, someone can help me out.

Regards

Joseph

Kal

thanks for the speed of your answer and for the quality. I knew it was
easy....I just didn't know how.

Regards

Joseph

Go to your monitor setup under Settings and change the orientation.

Kal

jockmcdock wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm a newbie here and not at all a hardware buff. My question is a very
> simple one. How do I use my 1905FP flat screen in portrait mode? I
> start up Word (for example) but if I rotate the screen, the document
> doesn't realign itself. And typing with my head held at a right angle
> becomes uncomfortable after 48 hours.

48 hours? You're quite the masochist, aren't you?

<vbg>

Seriously, I think this'll depend on your video card. E.g., I have a
1905FP monitor and an nVidia 6600 video card. The following mouse clicks
takes me to a screen where I can set Landscape/Portrait mode for my monitor:

1. right click on desktop
2. left click Properties
3. left click Settings
4. left click Advanced
5. left click GeForce 6600 tab
6. left click NVRotate

Never tried it myself.

Sparky Spartacus wrote:
> jockmcdock wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm a newbie here and not at all a hardware buff. My question is a very
> > simple one. How do I use my 1905FP flat screen in portrait mode? I
> > start up Word (for example) but if I rotate the screen, the document
> > doesn't realign itself. And typing with my head held at a right angle
> > becomes uncomfortable after 48 hours.
>
> 48 hours? You're quite the masochist, aren't you?
>
> <vbg>
>
> Seriously, I think this'll depend on your video card. E.g., I have a
> 1905FP monitor and an nVidia 6600 video card. The following mouse clicks
> takes me to a screen where I can set Landscape/Portrait mode for my monitor:
>
> 1. right click on desktop
> 2. left click Properties
> 3. left click Settings
> 4. left click Advanced
> 5. left click GeForce 6600 tab
> 6. left click NVRotate
>
> Never tried it myself.

Thanks for the replay, Sparky. You may be right that it depends on the
video card (as I said, I'm not a hardware buff) but Kal's suggestion
let me solve the problem pretty quickly.

In case anyone else is interested, I chose

control panel|display|settings|advanced|rotation

on my XP Home machine and chose a couple of hotkeys to switch between
Portrait and Landscape modes. Dead easy.

Thanks to you both.

Regards

Joseph

jockmcdock wrote:

> Sparky Spartacus wrote:
>
>>jockmcdock wrote:
>>

>>>Hi.
>>>
>>>I'm a newbie here and not at all a hardware buff. My question is a very
>>>simple one. How do I use my 1905FP flat screen in portrait mode? I
>>>start up Word (for example) but if I rotate the screen, the document
>>>doesn't realign itself. And typing with my head held at a right angle
>>>becomes uncomfortable after 48 hours.
>>
>>48 hours? You're quite the masochist, aren't you?
>>
>><vbg>
>>
>>Seriously, I think this'll depend on your video card. E.g., I have a
>>1905FP monitor and an nVidia 6600 video card. The following mouse clicks
>>takes me to a screen where I can set Landscape/Portrait mode for my monitor:
>>
>>1. right click on desktop
>>2. left click Properties
>>3. left click Settings
>>4. left click Advanced
>>5. left click GeForce 6600 tab
>>6. left click NVRotate
>>
>>Never tried it myself.
>
> Thanks for the replay, Sparky. You may be right that it depends on the
> video card (as I said, I'm not a hardware buff) but Kal's suggestion
> let me solve the problem pretty quickly.

Glad to hear it's solved. Sounds like a different path to the same
solution for your machine's particular configuration.

PS: I'm no hardware buff myself.