I no longer will defend Kirk Weaver either!

Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his
machines. (I defended him for passing along pins at near wholesale
prices, instead of trying to charge retail for container games like
others do.) Well, I no longer defend him. In all the time that I have
been into pinball I have seen three, maybe four, Twilight Zones with a
3rd magnet already installed in them go up for sale. Well, Kirk
apparently saw mine on Ebay, because low and behold, all of a sudden HE
has one for sale. And the guy couldn't even wait the ONE last day
until mine ends. It's OBVIOUS that he's trying to compete with mine, I
mean, when was the last time ANY OF YOU saw a TZ with the 3rd magnet
AND Lawlor's signature go for sale? Never you say? Me neither. Kirk
went to the same store opening where I had my translite signed (and he
probably had several of them get signed as well). I understand that
it's a free country, but the moron just screwed us BOTH! With his up
at the same time as mine, certainly I don't think I'll get what I may
have for it. Then, once mine is over, and sold for less than what it
could have gone for, others will think, "Why would I pay more than
$______ when one in just as good condition, if not better, just sold
for that much?" The whole thing that makes an item like this worth
money is the RARITY of them. What a moron! So, you can count on the
fact that I won't be standing up for him in his corner anymore. He
OBVIOUSLY is just trying to steal some bids from me. And for someone
who sells several pins a week (even a day maybe?) that's just SHADY!
So, Kirk, you just pissed off another person without ever having met
them in person!!!
-Al
50 answers Last reply
More about longer defend kirk weaver either

    > Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
    > the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his
    > machines.

    I understand he has a new camera.

    In all the time that I have
    > been into pinball I have seen three, maybe four, Twilight Zones with a
    > 3rd magnet already installed in them go up for sale. Well, Kirk
    > apparently saw mine on Ebay, because low and behold, all of a sudden HE
    > has one for sale.

    Here is where I would beg to differ. No need to argue with me. Just
    some observations. Kirk has a lot of games up for sale. According to
    some list someone posted last evening, he has a LOT more coming in. It
    is just my opinion, but I would highly doubt that he is surfin E-Bay
    looking to see if like machines are up on auction. I think it is
    coincidence. And nothing else.

    If you think your price tag on TZ is going to suffer, take the listing
    off of E-Bay. If these machines are that rare and command premium
    prices I would think that there would be many people after these items.
    TZ is one of the most popular games out there.

    > And the guy couldn't even wait the ONE last day
    > until mine ends. It's OBVIOUS that he's trying to compete with mine,

    Actually, it is not obvious at all. As I mentioned.

    > mean, when was the last time ANY OF YOU saw a TZ with the 3rd magnet
    > AND Lawlor's signature go for sale? Never you say? Me neither. Kirk
    > went to the same store opening where I had my translite signed (and he
    > probably had several of them get signed as well). I understand that
    > it's a free country, but the moron just screwed us BOTH!

    That is another point that I don't get. Why would he want to screw you
    and him on the price of this "special" machine? This is another point
    that has me believe that he didn't know of your auction.

    > fact that I won't be standing up for him in his corner anymore.

    That is up to you. Flaming him without ALL of the details is not the
    approach either :) Small Problems have Small Solutions. Take your
    auction down, wait a few weeks, post it for sale on rgp, pinball
    classifieds etc.

    He
    > OBVIOUSLY is just trying to steal some bids from me.

    I still don't think so. btw, I have never bought a pin from Kirk. So I
    am not standing in his corner.

    > And for someone
    > who sells several pins a week (even a day maybe?)

    Based on that list posted last night. Atleast several a week.

    -Al

    I was at Kirks yesterday. I am the one that posted the summer pin list.
    I strongly agree with what some of the other posters of this thread are
    saying.

    He is way to busy to see who has the same pinballs up for auction. I
    would bet that it is a coincidence. btw, I saw the TZ in his shop
    yesterday. I commented how "nice" it was. Didn't know it was a special
    one. Fifty pins in the warehouse and this TZ was one of only several
    that were "ready" to go so I hardly think he timed it with your
    auction. In fact, because he only had several pins shopped out and
    ready to go on auction is a pretty good indication that he hardly timed
    his TZ auction with yours.

    uh huh, it's all about you, isn't it. What will probably happen is
    whomever is the 2nd highest bidder on whatever auction ends first will
    then bid up the second one.

    People will probably bid on whichever one that is closer if they're
    picking it up.

    TOO Funny Mike.

    Conspiracy theorists unite. I thought these things were rare? I've got
    six in my basement. Should I put them on E-bay this week or wait till
    next?

    Give it up - This is America, and Weaver is not a bad guy (not for the
    reasons you gave anyway).

    BRETT B

    Al

    With all due respect. I talked to Kirk last week, and he mentioned
    that he did have that machine the he was just finishing. He also said
    when he was done, he was going to put it up for auction. I think its
    more dumb luck more than trying to screw you.

    Atleast they are not ending antwhere close to yours.

    JOhn
    jdubbbs

    There were a couple Black Knights on ebay last week. I am telling you,
    its a conspiracy. No other explanation. Each one had the knight
    mounted on the horse on the backglass ;+)

    Come on Al, he's not trying to screw ya. It just happened.

    Al, It is America. We can buy and sell as we choose. Freedom is a
    great thing. Competition is even better. I would encourage you to
    understand the situation and be somewhat more open to the open market
    we call America.

    CHILL OUT !!.. I sell pins and alot of people do to. I do not get mad
    at them because they sell it cheaper. I offer things others can't.
    Why because of competition. You have to step up or STEP OUT !!! You
    have lost the first part of the battle. Plus you are talking about 1
    sale. Bill

    Mike Schudel wrote:

    > It has got to
    > be a conspiracy I tell you...there is no other explanation.

    Finally, a reasonable voice! Why, even this morning at breakfast, I
    myself could barely hear my Rice Krispies over the din of black
    helicopters hovering over the roof of my house.

    - Josh A.

    What in the Hell are you talking about??? 8/

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8
    =======================

    -Al wrote:
    > Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
    > the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his....

    This ones for you -Al:

    "Well it's a well known fact, sonny, that there's a secret society of
    the five wealthiest people in the world known as...The Pentaverat...who
    run everything in the world, including the newspapers..and they meet
    triannually at a secret country mansion in Colorado known as...The
    Meadows." "So who's in this pentaverat?" "The Queen, the Vatican, the
    Gotti's, the Rothschilds and Colonel Sandersbefore he went tits
    up...ohhh I hated the colonel with his wee beady eyes and that smug
    face 'ooo...your gonna buy my chicken...oooo'..." "Dad how can you
    hate--The Colonel?" "Because he puts an addictive chemical in his
    chicken that makes you crave it nightly!! Smartass!!!"

    >From the movie "So I married an Axe Murderer" with Mike Meyers.

    And we have a NEW WINNER for lamest RGP sob story ever. And you have
    had some real strong competition the last couple weeks.

    Look at the size of the head on that boy. Its like an orange on a
    toothpick.

    Heed!! Pants!!! NOW!!

    If anybody missed it, Superpin Al is quoting from the movie "So I
    married an Ax Murderer." Great Stuff!!!

    This is a thread. I enjoy reading it :-)

    This is a funny thread. I enjoy reading it :-)

    Otto,

    I did get an update from ebay just this morning with that exact update
    to the Ebay declaration/ruleset. I wonder if others took the time to
    read it. I sure hope so.....

    :+)

    Do you feel better now?!?!?!!?

    Your TZ isn't going to meet reserve anyways so give it a rest.

    --
    Mike S.
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

    Alright......alright......alright.........I back off.
    -Al

    Again............OK.................I back off..........sorry, but a
    bit testy over the whole sale. My apologies to Kirk, and the group.
    Honestly.

    -Al

    Otto wrote:

    > It's like having all the neigbors bring their dogs over for play time with
    > one frisbee and they chase the frisbee around and have a blast with it.
    >
    > You're the frisbee.

    Otto, "Frisbee®" is a registered trademark of Wham-O, Incorporated.
    Do you suppose the enforcement division at Wham-O© would be interested
    in your unlicensed use of its trademark for purposes of making a
    humorous comment in a public forum like RGP?

    - Josh A. ; )

    Haven't you seen the new Ebay declaration/ruleset?

    When Al lists a pin for sale no one else in the world can list the same or
    similar title.

    Come'on Fred, get with the program.

    ;>)

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    <pbgarage@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What in the Hell are you talking about??? 8/
    >
    > Fred
    > TX
    > CARGPB#8
    > =======================
    >
    > -Al wrote:
    >> Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
    >> the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his....

    I think you're overreacting here, Al. Kirk has a lot of TZ's pass
    through his shop. I wouldn't doubt he had a few translites or other
    goodies autographed by Pat when Pat was in town.

    Why would he do what you're suggesting? It doesn't seem logical to me,
    because it wouldn't just hurt you, it'd hurt his bottom line, too. Kirk
    is a businessman, and it makes no sense for him to do something like that.

    Whether it's coincidental or not, it's a free world. Kirk can list
    whatever he wants on eBay so long as it doesn't go against eBay's rules.
    That includes the same machine others may have listed with the same mods.

    And, short of the Pat autograph, here's another TZ modded similarly to
    yours with a 3rd magnet, but no Pat autograph.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13725&item=6187127996&rd=1

    I've listed pins before that didn't show up on eBay regularly, and the
    same week I listed mine, a handful of others popped up, too. Was it
    unfortunate? Yes.

    I hope you can sell your game, but the fact that the pics aren't loading
    are a huge negative. You're competing against 2 other 3rd Magnet TZ's
    today, and the pics on the other 2 auctions work. Most folks are gonna
    see the dead pictures, and hit the back button or close their web
    browser - they don't want to go off the auction page to see any pics. If
    you have to relist it, make sure the pic links work!

    -

    http://www.myhomegameroom.com

    -Al wrote:
    > Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
    > the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his
    > machines. (I defended him for passing along pins at near wholesale
    > prices, instead of trying to charge retail for container games like
    > others do.) Well, I no longer defend him. In all the time that I have
    > been into pinball I have seen three, maybe four, Twilight Zones with a
    > 3rd magnet already installed in them go up for sale. Well, Kirk
    > apparently saw mine on Ebay, because low and behold, all of a sudden HE
    > has one for sale. And the guy couldn't even wait the ONE last day
    > until mine ends. It's OBVIOUS that he's trying to compete with mine, I
    > mean, when was the last time ANY OF YOU saw a TZ with the 3rd magnet
    > AND Lawlor's signature go for sale? Never you say? Me neither. Kirk
    > went to the same store opening where I had my translite signed (and he
    > probably had several of them get signed as well). I understand that
    > it's a free country, but the moron just screwed us BOTH! With his up
    > at the same time as mine, certainly I don't think I'll get what I may
    > have for it. Then, once mine is over, and sold for less than what it
    > could have gone for, others will think, "Why would I pay more than
    > $______ when one in just as good condition, if not better, just sold
    > for that much?" The whole thing that makes an item like this worth
    > money is the RARITY of them. What a moron! So, you can count on the
    > fact that I won't be standing up for him in his corner anymore. He
    > OBVIOUSLY is just trying to steal some bids from me. And for someone
    > who sells several pins a week (even a day maybe?) that's just SHADY!
    > So, Kirk, you just pissed off another person without ever having met
    > them in person!!!
    > -Al

    yup, that's what I do now, I have no shame or worry about nasty
    bathrooms anymore in rest stops etc. Also I make sure to NOT eat
    Arby's when I'm more than 1/2 hour from a safe bathroom.

    Very nice.

    But now you have to understand.

    It's like having all the neigbors bring their dogs over for play time with
    one frisbee and they chase the frisbee around and have a blast with it.

    You're the frisbee.

    :>)

    It's all in good fun.

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Again............OK.................I back off..........sorry, but a
    > bit testy over the whole sale. My apologies to Kirk, and the group.
    > Honestly.
    >
    > -Al

    I'm hoping seymour Puts the "Out of Order" Sign on the door when hes
    finished =)

    No Shame or Worries = "Fumes" , LOL !

    Pin-Del, =)

    No.

    I didn't use a capital F.

    Besides, it's an Al frisbee. That's different.

    ;>)

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    "Josh A." <josh489@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    Otto wrote:

    > It's like having all the neigbors bring their dogs over for play time with
    > one frisbee and they chase the frisbee around and have a blast with it.
    >
    > You're the frisbee.

    Otto, "Frisbee®" is a registered trademark of Wham-O, Incorporated.
    Do you suppose the enforcement division at Wham-O© would be interested
    in your unlicensed use of its trademark for purposes of making a
    humorous comment in a public forum like RGP?

    - Josh A. ; )

    Wow! Remind me to check with you before I put anything up for bid on ebay.
    I'd hate to have my rep bashed on this board just because I put the same
    thing up for auction that Al did...

    Dude, chill out already about your TZ. It is getting really annoying. I
    don't think it's smart to assume Kirk did this on purpose, besides, you do
    have the option to pull your auction if you really think it's gonna hurt
    your chances.

    Dave

    > Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
    > the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his
    > machines. (I defended him for passing along pins at near wholesale
    > prices, instead of trying to charge retail for container games like
    > others do.) Well, I no longer defend him. In all the time that I have
    > been into pinball I have seen three, maybe four, Twilight Zones with a
    > 3rd magnet already installed in them go up for sale. Well, Kirk
    > apparently saw mine on Ebay, because low and behold, all of a sudden HE
    > has one for sale. And the guy couldn't even wait the ONE last day
    > until mine ends. It's OBVIOUS that he's trying to compete with mine, I
    > mean, when was the last time ANY OF YOU saw a TZ with the 3rd magnet
    > AND Lawlor's signature go for sale? Never you say? Me neither. Kirk
    > went to the same store opening where I had my translite signed (and he
    > probably had several of them get signed as well). I understand that
    > it's a free country, but the moron just screwed us BOTH! With his up
    > at the same time as mine, certainly I don't think I'll get what I may
    > have for it. Then, once mine is over, and sold for less than what it
    > could have gone for, others will think, "Why would I pay more than
    > $______ when one in just as good condition, if not better, just sold
    > for that much?" The whole thing that makes an item like this worth
    > money is the RARITY of them. What a moron! So, you can count on the
    > fact that I won't be standing up for him in his corner anymore. He
    > OBVIOUSLY is just trying to steal some bids from me. And for someone
    > who sells several pins a week (even a day maybe?) that's just SHADY!
    > So, Kirk, you just pissed off another person without ever having met
    > them in person!!!
    > -Al

    How 'bout I kill you instead? I apologized.......YOU get over it!
    SethLove, huh? Who loves you? (Besides your mother????) NO ONE!

    -Al

    Seymour,
    How about Jack-in-the-box.That has always given me the major shits
    after eating their Monster Burger.
    I have stopped up more than one toliet after eating
    at this resturant.Undercooked beef?It makes one wonder.
    Ike

    Ike,
    More info than we needed here , lol ,

    Pin-Del,

    Please move this discussion to the White Castle thread :)

    Ike wrote:
    > Seymour,
    > How about Jack-in-the-box.That has always given me the major shits
    > after eating their Monster Burger.
    > I have stopped up more than one toliet after eating
    > at this resturant.Undercooked beef?It makes one wonder.
    > Ike

    The out of place posts juxtaposed within a thread are always mildly
    amusing, but this one, popping up out of nowhere - had me wiping away
    tears and closing the office door, I was laughing so hard.

    acb

    See spot run. Run Spot Run.

    gameroomfan wrote:
    > The out of place posts juxtaposed within a thread are always mildly
    > amusing, but this one, popping up out of nowhere - had me wiping away
    > tears and closing the office door, I was laughing so hard.
    >

    > acb

    Don't shop walmart they are selling the same bikes we sell you think
    they would have waited to we sold all of ours lol

    Obviously you, or someone liked you used the bathroom at Kirk's and ruined
    it for everyone else ;-)

    GRY

    C.W.H. remove wrote:
    > morning...

    Evening...

    > Did Al's TZ sell yet?

    Yes

    Obviously you, or someone liked you used the bathroom at Kirk's and
    ruined
    it for everyone else ;-)

    GRY Very funny hehe . Had a few friends that would go a do that to
    friends houses. hehe Somehow upstairs toilets just don't have the
    flushing power
    Lewis

    morning...

    Did Al's TZ sell yet?

    <BUYBEST@AOL.COM> wrote in message

    > gameroomfan wrote:
    >> The out of place posts juxtaposed within a thread are always mildly
    >> amusing, but this one, popping up out of nowhere - had me wiping away
    >> tears and closing the office door, I was laughing so hard.
    >>

    >> acb
    >
    > Don't shop walmart they are selling the same bikes we sell you think
    > they would have waited to we sold all of ours lol

    unfortunately no Jack in the Boxes east of the Missisipi, we do have
    White castles though.

    Let's play East Coast-West Coast Fast Food Wars:

    In-n-out burger beats White Castle. (West Coast-1 East Coast-0)
    White Castle beats Tommy Burger (West Coast-1 East Coast-1)
    All other West Coast Taco Places beats Taco Smell (West Coast-2 East
    Coast-1)
    Jack in the box beats all East Coast burger joints....

    Hmmm..... maybe I should move out west. Property outta sight now
    though, GF's 'rents property just went up in value $100K in about 4
    months. That's for 1500 sq ft.

    > Wow! This is one weird thread. It's sorta like "Gunfight at the Big
    > Poop Corral". ;-)

    If y'all decide to have a whitecastle/jackinbox/krystal "shootout",
    please provide ample warning. I'm thinking Asia would be far enough
    away (and upwind) to dodge the worst of it, but I'd need to get a
    passport first. Thanks.

    > Lost 61 lbs as of this morning.
    > Pretty cool.

    You lost 61 lbs this morning? Excellent!!! I am just kidding. That is
    great!! Skyline chili. The staple of Cincy :)

    Thanks!!!

    Yea, I use to eat that stuff like every other day for lunch. It got to
    be where the servers knew me and I did not even have to order, they
    brought me the same thing each time. .I took my wife in one time and
    the guy called me by name and my wife had to have a talk with me about
    how they knew me so well and it went down hill from there. :>)

    I am in their Ambassador Club though. I am a card carring member and
    have the T-shirt to prove it. Wow, the silly things we are proud of.
    Some people are proud of their kids (and rightly so) I am proud of my
    Skyline T-shirt :+)

    msalas@salascorp.com wrote:
    > > Lost 61 lbs as of this morning.
    > > Pretty cool.
    >
    > You lost 61 lbs this morning? Excellent!!! I am just kidding. That is
    > great!! Skyline chili. The staple of Cincy :)

    Don't forget Gold Star! Actually, Skyline is a bit better, but GS is
    pretty popular also. Between White Castles, Skyline and Goldstar,
    we're probably responsible for 75% of the methane produced in the
    midwest.

    If you Guys want a Story,,, Try a "Chilli & Cheese Burritto" from
    Taco-Bell followed by a few Beers =)

    Works for me everytime !!

    Pin-Del =)

    Del, I guess with a hearing deficit it makes it hard to discern if you

    successfully executed a "silent but deadly". ;-)

    Rick Swanson

    Rick,
    You can tell "When" ,, I move around ALOtT & Just might be
    pointing a Finger at YOU ,,,lol, This is a Crazy thread =)

    Pin-Del,

    > Most of my favorites are about "state of matter" farts. By state of
    > matter, I mean those special moments where you think about letting one
    > go, then hold back, because you do not know what state of matter
    > (solid, liquid or gas) is going to emerge. We have all been there, and
    > have probably all sadly taken the risk, much to our chagrin.

    The key here is sphincter control. You can usually tell when you have
    liquid or solid waiting at the gates, but sometimes they are sneaky and
    hide behind an innocent gas bubble, waiting for any opportunity to
    escape. A 'full-open' here usually leads to those 'explosive diarrhea'
    situations we fear and loathe, so the key is to just crack the valve
    just a tiny bit and bleed off the pressure slowly, while blocking
    liquid ejection. Relieving this pressure will usually buy you enough
    time to get to the can and let 'er rip.

    > To be dethroned by a "fecal follies" post... boy, that really hurts.
    > <hanging head in shame>

    Oh, don't worry.. this coup will last only until your next plumbing
    project :)

    Del wrote:

    >If you Guys want a Story,,, Try a "Chilli & Cheese Burritto" from
    >Taco-Bell followed by a few Beers =)
    >
    >Works for me everytime !!
    >
    > Pin-Del =)

    Del, I guess with a hearing deficit it makes it hard to discern if you
    successfully executed a "silent but deadly". ;-)

    Rick Swanson

    Good to know. I guess that folks who join you for a big Tex-Mex lunch
    do so at their own peril. ;-)

    Rick Swanson

    Del wrote:

    >Del, I guess with a hearing deficit it makes it hard to discern if you
    >
    >successfully executed a "silent but deadly". ;-)
    >
    >Rick Swanson
    >
    >Rick,
    > You can tell "When" ,, I move around ALOtT & Just might be
    >pointing a Finger at YOU ,,,lol, This is a Crazy thread =)
    >
    > Pin-Del,

Games Video Games