I no longer will defend Kirk Weaver either!

Last response: in Video Games
June 16, 2005 8:43:30 AM

Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his
machines. (I defended him for passing along pins at near wholesale
prices, instead of trying to charge retail for container games like
others do.) Well, I no longer defend him. In all the time that I have
been into pinball I have seen three, maybe four, Twilight Zones with a
3rd magnet already installed in them go up for sale. Well, Kirk
apparently saw mine on Ebay, because low and behold, all of a sudden HE
has one for sale. And the guy couldn't even wait the ONE last day
until mine ends. It's OBVIOUS that he's trying to compete with mine, I
mean, when was the last time ANY OF YOU saw a TZ with the 3rd magnet
AND Lawlor's signature go for sale? Never you say? Me neither. Kirk
went to the same store opening where I had my translite signed (and he
probably had several of them get signed as well). I understand that
it's a free country, but the moron just screwed us BOTH! With his up
at the same time as mine, certainly I don't think I'll get what I may
have for it. Then, once mine is over, and sold for less than what it
could have gone for, others will think, "Why would I pay more than
$______ when one in just as good condition, if not better, just sold
for that much?" The whole thing that makes an item like this worth
money is the RARITY of them. What a moron! So, you can count on the
fact that I won't be standing up for him in his corner anymore. He
OBVIOUSLY is just trying to steal some bids from me. And for someone
who sells several pins a week (even a day maybe?) that's just SHADY!
So, Kirk, you just pissed off another person without ever having met
them in person!!!
-Al
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 9:46:58 AM

> Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
> the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his
> machines.

I understand he has a new camera.

In all the time that I have
> been into pinball I have seen three, maybe four, Twilight Zones with a
> 3rd magnet already installed in them go up for sale. Well, Kirk
> apparently saw mine on Ebay, because low and behold, all of a sudden HE
> has one for sale.

Here is where I would beg to differ. No need to argue with me. Just
some observations. Kirk has a lot of games up for sale. According to
some list someone posted last evening, he has a LOT more coming in. It
is just my opinion, but I would highly doubt that he is surfin E-Bay
looking to see if like machines are up on auction. I think it is
coincidence. And nothing else.

If you think your price tag on TZ is going to suffer, take the listing
off of E-Bay. If these machines are that rare and command premium
prices I would think that there would be many people after these items.
TZ is one of the most popular games out there.

> And the guy couldn't even wait the ONE last day
> until mine ends. It's OBVIOUS that he's trying to compete with mine,

Actually, it is not obvious at all. As I mentioned.

> mean, when was the last time ANY OF YOU saw a TZ with the 3rd magnet
> AND Lawlor's signature go for sale? Never you say? Me neither. Kirk
> went to the same store opening where I had my translite signed (and he
> probably had several of them get signed as well). I understand that
> it's a free country, but the moron just screwed us BOTH!

That is another point that I don't get. Why would he want to screw you
and him on the price of this "special" machine? This is another point
that has me believe that he didn't know of your auction.

> fact that I won't be standing up for him in his corner anymore.

That is up to you. Flaming him without ALL of the details is not the
approach either :)  Small Problems have Small Solutions. Take your
auction down, wait a few weeks, post it for sale on rgp, pinball
classifieds etc.

He
> OBVIOUSLY is just trying to steal some bids from me.

I still don't think so. btw, I have never bought a pin from Kirk. So I
am not standing in his corner.

> And for someone
> who sells several pins a week (even a day maybe?)

Based on that list posted last night. Atleast several a week.

-Al
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:01:34 AM

I was at Kirks yesterday. I am the one that posted the summer pin list.
I strongly agree with what some of the other posters of this thread are
saying.

He is way to busy to see who has the same pinballs up for auction. I
would bet that it is a coincidence. btw, I saw the TZ in his shop
yesterday. I commented how "nice" it was. Didn't know it was a special
one. Fifty pins in the warehouse and this TZ was one of only several
that were "ready" to go so I hardly think he timed it with your
auction. In fact, because he only had several pins shopped out and
ready to go on auction is a pretty good indication that he hardly timed
his TZ auction with yours.
June 16, 2005 10:40:34 AM

uh huh, it's all about you, isn't it. What will probably happen is
whomever is the 2nd highest bidder on whatever auction ends first will
then bid up the second one.

People will probably bid on whichever one that is closer if they're
picking it up.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:57:06 AM

TOO Funny Mike.

Conspiracy theorists unite. I thought these things were rare? I've got
six in my basement. Should I put them on E-bay this week or wait till
next?
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:00:50 AM

Give it up - This is America, and Weaver is not a bad guy (not for the
reasons you gave anyway).

BRETT B
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:07:53 AM

Al

With all due respect. I talked to Kirk last week, and he mentioned
that he did have that machine the he was just finishing. He also said
when he was done, he was going to put it up for auction. I think its
more dumb luck more than trying to screw you.

Atleast they are not ending antwhere close to yours.

JOhn
jdubbbs
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:25:02 AM

There were a couple Black Knights on ebay last week. I am telling you,
its a conspiracy. No other explanation. Each one had the knight
mounted on the horse on the backglass ;+)

Come on Al, he's not trying to screw ya. It just happened.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:25:46 AM

Al, It is America. We can buy and sell as we choose. Freedom is a
great thing. Competition is even better. I would encourage you to
understand the situation and be somewhat more open to the open market
we call America.

CHILL OUT !!.. I sell pins and alot of people do to. I do not get mad
at them because they sell it cheaper. I offer things others can't.
Why because of competition. You have to step up or STEP OUT !!! You
have lost the first part of the battle. Plus you are talking about 1
sale. Bill
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:29:27 AM

Mike Schudel wrote:

> It has got to
> be a conspiracy I tell you...there is no other explanation.

Finally, a reasonable voice! Why, even this morning at breakfast, I
myself could barely hear my Rice Krispies over the din of black
helicopters hovering over the roof of my house.

- Josh A.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:36:14 AM

What in the Hell are you talking about??? 8/

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=======================

-Al wrote:
> Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
> the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his....

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:56:47 AM

This ones for you -Al:

"Well it's a well known fact, sonny, that there's a secret society of
the five wealthiest people in the world known as...The Pentaverat...who
run everything in the world, including the newspapers..and they meet
triannually at a secret country mansion in Colorado known as...The
Meadows." "So who's in this pentaverat?" "The Queen, the Vatican, the
Gotti's, the Rothschilds and Colonel Sandersbefore he went tits
up...ohhh I hated the colonel with his wee beady eyes and that smug
face 'ooo...your gonna buy my chicken...oooo'..." "Dad how can you
hate--The Colonel?" "Because he puts an addictive chemical in his
chicken that makes you crave it nightly!! Smartass!!!"

>From the movie "So I married an Axe Murderer" with Mike Meyers.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:20:54 PM

And we have a NEW WINNER for lamest RGP sob story ever. And you have
had some real strong competition the last couple weeks.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:26:00 PM

Look at the size of the head on that boy. Its like an orange on a
toothpick.

Heed!! Pants!!! NOW!!

If anybody missed it, Superpin Al is quoting from the movie "So I
married an Ax Murderer." Great Stuff!!!
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:26:23 PM

This is a thread. I enjoy reading it :-)
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:26:31 PM

This is a funny thread. I enjoy reading it :-)
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:26:32 PM

Otto,

I did get an update from ebay just this morning with that exact update
to the Ebay declaration/ruleset. I wonder if others took the time to
read it. I sure hope so.....

:+)
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:58:37 PM

Alright......alright......alright.........I back off.
-Al
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 1:17:45 PM

Again............OK.................I back off..........sorry, but a
bit testy over the whole sale. My apologies to Kirk, and the group.
Honestly.

-Al
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 1:57:43 PM

Otto wrote:

> It's like having all the neigbors bring their dogs over for play time with
> one frisbee and they chase the frisbee around and have a blast with it.
>
> You're the frisbee.

Otto, "Frisbee®" is a registered trademark of Wham-O, Incorporated.
Do you suppose the enforcement division at Wham-O© would be interested
in your unlicensed use of its trademark for purposes of making a
humorous comment in a public forum like RGP?

- Josh A. ; )
June 16, 2005 2:58:53 PM

Haven't you seen the new Ebay declaration/ruleset?

When Al lists a pin for sale no one else in the world can list the same or
similar title.

Come'on Fred, get with the program.

;>)

Otto

CARGPB11

<pbgarage@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What in the Hell are you talking about??? 8/
>
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8
> =======================
>
> -Al wrote:
>> Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
>> the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his....

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 3:00:40 PM

I think you're overreacting here, Al. Kirk has a lot of TZ's pass
through his shop. I wouldn't doubt he had a few translites or other
goodies autographed by Pat when Pat was in town.

Why would he do what you're suggesting? It doesn't seem logical to me,
because it wouldn't just hurt you, it'd hurt his bottom line, too. Kirk
is a businessman, and it makes no sense for him to do something like that.

Whether it's coincidental or not, it's a free world. Kirk can list
whatever he wants on eBay so long as it doesn't go against eBay's rules.
That includes the same machine others may have listed with the same mods.

And, short of the Pat autograph, here's another TZ modded similarly to
yours with a 3rd magnet, but no Pat autograph.

I've listed pins before that didn't show up on eBay regularly, and the
same week I listed mine, a handful of others popped up, too. Was it
unfortunate? Yes.

I hope you can sell your game, but the fact that the pics aren't loading
are a huge negative. You're competing against 2 other 3rd Magnet TZ's
today, and the pics on the other 2 auctions work. Most folks are gonna
see the dead pictures, and hit the back button or close their web
browser - they don't want to go off the auction page to see any pics. If
you have to relist it, make sure the pic links work!

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

-Al wrote:
> Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
> the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his
> machines. (I defended him for passing along pins at near wholesale
> prices, instead of trying to charge retail for container games like
> others do.) Well, I no longer defend him. In all the time that I have
> been into pinball I have seen three, maybe four, Twilight Zones with a
> 3rd magnet already installed in them go up for sale. Well, Kirk
> apparently saw mine on Ebay, because low and behold, all of a sudden HE
> has one for sale. And the guy couldn't even wait the ONE last day
> until mine ends. It's OBVIOUS that he's trying to compete with mine, I
> mean, when was the last time ANY OF YOU saw a TZ with the 3rd magnet
> AND Lawlor's signature go for sale? Never you say? Me neither. Kirk
> went to the same store opening where I had my translite signed (and he
> probably had several of them get signed as well). I understand that
> it's a free country, but the moron just screwed us BOTH! With his up
> at the same time as mine, certainly I don't think I'll get what I may
> have for it. Then, once mine is over, and sold for less than what it
> could have gone for, others will think, "Why would I pay more than
> $______ when one in just as good condition, if not better, just sold
> for that much?" The whole thing that makes an item like this worth
> money is the RARITY of them. What a moron! So, you can count on the
> fact that I won't be standing up for him in his corner anymore. He
> OBVIOUSLY is just trying to steal some bids from me. And for someone
> who sells several pins a week (even a day maybe?) that's just SHADY!
> So, Kirk, you just pissed off another person without ever having met
> them in person!!!
> -Al

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 4:10:24 PM

yup, that's what I do now, I have no shame or worry about nasty
bathrooms anymore in rest stops etc. Also I make sure to NOT eat
Arby's when I'm more than 1/2 hour from a safe bathroom.
June 16, 2005 4:22:13 PM

Very nice.

But now you have to understand.

It's like having all the neigbors bring their dogs over for play time with
one frisbee and they chase the frisbee around and have a blast with it.

You're the frisbee.

:>)

It's all in good fun.

Otto

CARGPB11

"-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Again............OK.................I back off..........sorry, but a
> bit testy over the whole sale. My apologies to Kirk, and the group.
> Honestly.
>
> -Al

June 16, 2005 4:58:58 PM

I'm hoping seymour Puts the "Out of Order" Sign on the door when hes
finished =)

No Shame or Worries = "Fumes" , LOL !

Pin-Del, =)
June 16, 2005 5:05:13 PM

No.

I didn't use a capital F.

Besides, it's an Al frisbee. That's different.

;>)

Otto

CARGPB11

"Josh A." <josh489@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Otto wrote:

> It's like having all the neigbors bring their dogs over for play time with
> one frisbee and they chase the frisbee around and have a blast with it.
>
> You're the frisbee.

Otto, "Frisbee®" is a registered trademark of Wham-O, Incorporated.
Do you suppose the enforcement division at Wham-O© would be interested
in your unlicensed use of its trademark for purposes of making a
humorous comment in a public forum like RGP?

- Josh A. ; )
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:22:59 PM

Wow! Remind me to check with you before I put anything up for bid on ebay.
I'd hate to have my rep bashed on this board just because I put the same
thing up for auction that Al did...

Dude, chill out already about your TZ. It is getting really annoying. I
don't think it's smart to assume Kirk did this on purpose, besides, you do
have the option to pull your auction if you really think it's gonna hurt
your chances.

Dave

> Hi all! I know I was the one to defend Kirk in the past when there was
> the post flaming him for using such low quality pictures of his
> machines. (I defended him for passing along pins at near wholesale
> prices, instead of trying to charge retail for container games like
> others do.) Well, I no longer defend him. In all the time that I have
> been into pinball I have seen three, maybe four, Twilight Zones with a
> 3rd magnet already installed in them go up for sale. Well, Kirk
> apparently saw mine on Ebay, because low and behold, all of a sudden HE
> has one for sale. And the guy couldn't even wait the ONE last day
> until mine ends. It's OBVIOUS that he's trying to compete with mine, I
> mean, when was the last time ANY OF YOU saw a TZ with the 3rd magnet
> AND Lawlor's signature go for sale? Never you say? Me neither. Kirk
> went to the same store opening where I had my translite signed (and he
> probably had several of them get signed as well). I understand that
> it's a free country, but the moron just screwed us BOTH! With his up
> at the same time as mine, certainly I don't think I'll get what I may
> have for it. Then, once mine is over, and sold for less than what it
> could have gone for, others will think, "Why would I pay more than
> $______ when one in just as good condition, if not better, just sold
> for that much?" The whole thing that makes an item like this worth
> money is the RARITY of them. What a moron! So, you can count on the
> fact that I won't be standing up for him in his corner anymore. He
> OBVIOUSLY is just trying to steal some bids from me. And for someone
> who sells several pins a week (even a day maybe?) that's just SHADY!
> So, Kirk, you just pissed off another person without ever having met
> them in person!!!
> -Al

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:54:52 PM

How 'bout I kill you instead? I apologized.......YOU get over it!
SethLove, huh? Who loves you? (Besides your mother????) NO ONE!

-Al
June 16, 2005 6:37:54 PM

Seymour,
How about Jack-in-the-box.That has always given me the major shits
after eating their Monster Burger.
I have stopped up more than one toliet after eating
at this resturant.Undercooked beef?It makes one wonder.
Ike
June 16, 2005 6:47:37 PM

Ike,
More info than we needed here , lol ,

Pin-Del,
June 16, 2005 6:50:56 PM

Please move this discussion to the White Castle thread :)

Ike wrote:
> Seymour,
> How about Jack-in-the-box.That has always given me the major shits
> after eating their Monster Burger.
> I have stopped up more than one toliet after eating
> at this resturant.Undercooked beef?It makes one wonder.
> Ike
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 7:04:18 PM

The out of place posts juxtaposed within a thread are always mildly
amusing, but this one, popping up out of nowhere - had me wiping away
tears and closing the office door, I was laughing so hard.

acb
June 16, 2005 7:35:02 PM

See spot run. Run Spot Run.

"Dukester" <duke1234@gmail.com> wrote in message
> This is a thread. I enjoy reading it :-)

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 7:51:07 PM

gameroomfan wrote:
> The out of place posts juxtaposed within a thread are always mildly
> amusing, but this one, popping up out of nowhere - had me wiping away
> tears and closing the office door, I was laughing so hard.
>

> acb

Don't shop walmart they are selling the same bikes we sell you think
they would have waited to we sold all of ours lol
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:49:17 PM

Obviously you, or someone liked you used the bathroom at Kirk's and ruined
it for everyone else ;-)

GRY

"Ike" <ikeman@ctc.net> wrote in message
> Seymour,
> How about Jack-in-the-box.That has always given me the major shits
> after eating their Monster Burger.
> I have stopped up more than one toliet after eating
> at this resturant.Undercooked beef?It makes one wonder.
> Ike

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:43:36 AM

C.W.H. remove wrote:
> morning...

Evening...

> Did Al's TZ sell yet?

Yes
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:54:37 AM

Obviously you, or someone liked you used the bathroom at Kirk's and
ruined
it for everyone else ;-)

GRY Very funny hehe . Had a few friends that would go a do that to
friends houses. hehe Somehow upstairs toilets just don't have the
flushing power
Lewis
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 7:40:34 AM

morning...

Did Al's TZ sell yet?

<BUYBEST@AOL.COM> wrote in message

> gameroomfan wrote:
>> The out of place posts juxtaposed within a thread are always mildly
>> amusing, but this one, popping up out of nowhere - had me wiping away
>> tears and closing the office door, I was laughing so hard.
>>

>> acb
>
> Don't shop walmart they are selling the same bikes we sell you think
> they would have waited to we sold all of ours lol

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 8:01:34 AM

unfortunately no Jack in the Boxes east of the Missisipi, we do have
White castles though.

Let's play East Coast-West Coast Fast Food Wars:

In-n-out burger beats White Castle. (West Coast-1 East Coast-0)
White Castle beats Tommy Burger (West Coast-1 East Coast-1)
All other West Coast Taco Places beats Taco Smell (West Coast-2 East
Coast-1)
Jack in the box beats all East Coast burger joints....

Hmmm..... maybe I should move out west. Property outta sight now
though, GF's 'rents property just went up in value $100K in about 4
months. That's for 1500 sq ft.
June 17, 2005 11:15:26 AM

> Wow! This is one weird thread. It's sorta like "Gunfight at the Big
> Poop Corral". ;-)

If y'all decide to have a whitecastle/jackinbox/krystal "shootout",
please provide ample warning. I'm thinking Asia would be far enough
away (and upwind) to dodge the worst of it, but I'd need to get a
passport first. Thanks.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:23:55 PM

> Lost 61 lbs as of this morning.
> Pretty cool.

You lost 61 lbs this morning? Excellent!!! I am just kidding. That is
great!! Skyline chili. The staple of Cincy :)
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:31:36 PM

Thanks!!!

Yea, I use to eat that stuff like every other day for lunch. It got to
be where the servers knew me and I did not even have to order, they
brought me the same thing each time. .I took my wife in one time and
the guy called me by name and my wife had to have a talk with me about
how they knew me so well and it went down hill from there. :>)

I am in their Ambassador Club though. I am a card carring member and
have the T-shirt to prove it. Wow, the silly things we are proud of.
Some people are proud of their kids (and rightly so) I am proud of my
Skyline T-shirt :+)
June 17, 2005 12:31:40 PM

msalas@salascorp.com wrote:
> > Lost 61 lbs as of this morning.
> > Pretty cool.
>
> You lost 61 lbs this morning? Excellent!!! I am just kidding. That is
> great!! Skyline chili. The staple of Cincy :)

Don't forget Gold Star! Actually, Skyline is a bit better, but GS is
pretty popular also. Between White Castles, Skyline and Goldstar,
we're probably responsible for 75% of the methane produced in the
midwest.
June 17, 2005 12:40:14 PM

If you Guys want a Story,,, Try a "Chilli & Cheese Burritto" from
Taco-Bell followed by a few Beers =)

Works for me everytime !!

Pin-Del =)
June 17, 2005 12:56:39 PM

Del, I guess with a hearing deficit it makes it hard to discern if you

successfully executed a "silent but deadly". ;-)

Rick Swanson

Rick,
You can tell "When" ,, I move around ALOtT & Just might be
pointing a Finger at YOU ,,,lol, This is a Crazy thread =)

Pin-Del,
June 17, 2005 1:40:51 PM

> Most of my favorites are about "state of matter" farts. By state of
> matter, I mean those special moments where you think about letting one
> go, then hold back, because you do not know what state of matter
> (solid, liquid or gas) is going to emerge. We have all been there, and
> have probably all sadly taken the risk, much to our chagrin.

The key here is sphincter control. You can usually tell when you have
liquid or solid waiting at the gates, but sometimes they are sneaky and
hide behind an innocent gas bubble, waiting for any opportunity to
escape. A 'full-open' here usually leads to those 'explosive diarrhea'
situations we fear and loathe, so the key is to just crack the valve
just a tiny bit and bleed off the pressure slowly, while blocking
liquid ejection. Relieving this pressure will usually buy you enough
time to get to the can and let 'er rip.
June 17, 2005 2:32:09 PM

> To be dethroned by a "fecal follies" post... boy, that really hurts.
> <hanging head in shame>

Oh, don't worry.. this coup will last only until your next plumbing
project :)
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:52:01 PM

Del wrote:

>If you Guys want a Story,,, Try a "Chilli & Cheese Burritto" from
>Taco-Bell followed by a few Beers =)
>
>Works for me everytime !!
>
> Pin-Del =)

Del, I guess with a hearing deficit it makes it hard to discern if you
successfully executed a "silent but deadly". ;-)

Rick Swanson
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 4:20:01 PM

Good to know. I guess that folks who join you for a big Tex-Mex lunch
do so at their own peril. ;-)

Rick Swanson

!