Sign in with
Your question

Some help in buying a laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
December 11, 2009 3:15:08 PM

1_What is your budget? 1000-1100$ but can stretch it to 1200-1300$ for something extremely worthwhile.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? As big as 17 inches, however willing to go down to 16-15.6, in order to stay withing the budget as specifications and performance are more important.

3_What screen resolution do you want? Not important.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? More of a desktop replacement.

5_How much battery life do you need? Would be plugged in most of the time. A good battery is a bonus ofc.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Things with similar requirements to dragon age or mass effect for instance, preferably on medium towards high.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Daily regular stuff, nothing a decent laptop couldn't handle.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? Would prefer a 7200 rpm, but if the general system is good 5400 would suffice (in order to stay in budget again - video card is more important). Same things goes for capacity, anything over 250-300 will do (will probably end up buying an external hdd anyway)

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/writer, anything else is a bonus.
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Only know rumors heard from others. This would be my first laptop.
13_What country do you live in?
Romania.

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Ok, so I've come across this laptop which i think is quite good. I could buy it locally at around 1050-1080$, and the radeon hd 4650 is the best video card I've seen so far on a laptop within my budget range(better than 220M GT and others of the sort - correct me if i'm wrong:)  ) I am also aware that AMD turion is weaker than Core 2 Duo, hope it's not so weak it makes the laptop not worth it (asking for feedback ofc:D ). Feel free to post anything similar and hopefully better on a price/quality ratio:D  Ty for your time

More about : buying laptop

December 11, 2009 3:22:28 PM

Sry for making you copy paste the link didn't make it well it seems ( <= nub). In any case it's the HP pavilion dv6-1299ea
!