Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I can get into safemode command prompt.. is there any way from that prompt I
can type the command to restore to an earlier date.. my restore application
part does not work.. I get an error code...

And the error is...?

How to make a good newsgroup post
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Richard wrote:
> I can get into safemode command prompt.. is there any way from that prompt
> can type the command to restore to an earlier date.. my restore
> application
> part does not work.. I get an error code...

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I run system restore.. I get..
The instruction at 0x741abd0 referenced memory at 0x74abd0. The required
data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c
Click to terminate.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> And the error is...?
>
> How to make a good newsgroup post
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Richard wrote:
> > I can get into safemode command prompt.. is there any way from that prompt
> > can type the command to restore to an earlier date.. my restore
> > application
> > part does not work.. I get an error code...

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

sorry .. that error is... 0x74a1abd0

"PA Bear" wrote:

> And the error is...?
>
> How to make a good newsgroup post
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Richard wrote:
> > I can get into safemode command prompt.. is there any way from that prompt
> > can type the command to restore to an earlier date.. my restore
> > application
> > part does not work.. I get an error code...

If there's a Details button or link, click on it and post what it says.

Are you running any Norton applications?

Also see:

How to troubleshoot the System Restore tool in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302796

How to start the System Restore tool at a command prompt in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304449&sd=tech

System Restore for Windows XP:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_restore.htm

--

Richard wrote:
> When I run system restore.. I get..
> The instruction at 0x741abd0 referenced memory at [0x74a1abd0?]. The
> required
> data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of
> 0xc000009c
> Click to terminate.
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> And the error is...?
>>
>> How to make a good newsgroup post
>> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>>
>> Richard wrote:
>>> I can get into safemode command prompt.. is there any way from that
>>> prompt
>>> can type the command to restore to an earlier date.. my restore
>>> application
>>> part does not work.. I get an error code...

Hi Richard,

Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
Click on System in the left pane.
Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in the right pane to
sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below the two arrows in the
upper right corner. This will copy the event information to the clipboard. Paste the
information for each of the two event here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.

System Restore Failures to restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Richard wrote:
> sorry .. that error is... 0x74a1abd0
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> And the error is...?
>>
>> How to make a good newsgroup post
>> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>>
>> Richard wrote:
>>> I can get into safemode command prompt.. is there any
>>> way from that prompt I
>>> can type the command to restore to an earlier date.. my
>>> restore application
>>> part does not work.. I get an error code...

TRENDING THREADS