License error

August 5, 2005 4:41:03 PM

I have a laptop with numerous problems... after trying to restore... which
failed.. it boots up now, then I can log in.. then I get the error ...
"a problem is preventing Windows from Accurately checking the license for
this computer.
Eror Code 0x800703e7
this is a company laptop with a volume license.
How do i get past this error....

More about : license error

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 5, 2005 5:28:04 PM

This may help.
SYMPTOMS
When you start Microsoft Windows XP, you may receive the following error
message:
A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for
this computer. Error code: 0x80070002.

CAUSE
This issue can occur if one of the following conditions is true: • The
default security provider in Windows XP has been changed.
• The system drive letter has changed.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310794

"Richard" wrote:

> I have a laptop with numerous problems... after trying to restore... which
> failed.. it boots up now, then I can log in.. then I get the error ...
> "a problem is preventing Windows from Accurately checking the license for
> this computer.
> Eror Code 0x800703e7
> this is a company laptop with a volume license.
> How do i get past this error....
August 5, 2005 5:56:04 PM

Wrong code.. how do I get to log in to get to the registry to make the fix...

"Crack" wrote:

> This may help.
> SYMPTOMS
> When you start Microsoft Windows XP, you may receive the following error
> message:
> A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for
> this computer. Error code: 0x80070002.
>
> CAUSE
> This issue can occur if one of the following conditions is true: • The
> default security provider in Windows XP has been changed.
> • The system drive letter has changed.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310794
>
> "Richard" wrote:
>
> > I have a laptop with numerous problems... after trying to restore... which
> > failed.. it boots up now, then I can log in.. then I get the error ...
> > "a problem is preventing Windows from Accurately checking the license for
> > this computer.
> > Eror Code 0x800703e7
> > this is a company laptop with a volume license.
> > How do i get past this error....
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 6, 2005 12:10:10 AM

It would appear that the error is being generated by Automatic Updates.

Try the WinXP fixes in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319585.

Also see
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.wi...