License error

I have a laptop with numerous problems... after trying to restore... which
failed.. it boots up now, then I can log in.. then I get the error ...
"a problem is preventing Windows from Accurately checking the license for
this computer.
Eror Code 0x800703e7
this is a company laptop with a volume license.
How do i get past this error....
3 answers Last reply
More about license error

    This may help.
    SYMPTOMS
    When you start Microsoft Windows XP, you may receive the following error
    message:
    A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for
    this computer. Error code: 0x80070002.

    CAUSE
    This issue can occur if one of the following conditions is true: • The
    default security provider in Windows XP has been changed.
    • The system drive letter has changed.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310794

    "Richard" wrote:

    > I have a laptop with numerous problems... after trying to restore... which
    > failed.. it boots up now, then I can log in.. then I get the error ...
    > "a problem is preventing Windows from Accurately checking the license for
    > this computer.
    > Eror Code 0x800703e7
    > this is a company laptop with a volume license.
    > How do i get past this error....

    Wrong code.. how do I get to log in to get to the registry to make the fix...

    "Crack" wrote:

    > This may help.
    > SYMPTOMS
    > When you start Microsoft Windows XP, you may receive the following error
    > message:
    > A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for
    > this computer. Error code: 0x80070002.
    >
    > CAUSE
    > This issue can occur if one of the following conditions is true: • The
    > default security provider in Windows XP has been changed.
    > • The system drive letter has changed.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310794
    >
    > "Richard" wrote:
    >
    > > I have a laptop with numerous problems... after trying to restore... which
    > > failed.. it boots up now, then I can log in.. then I get the error ...
    > > "a problem is preventing Windows from Accurately checking the license for
    > > this computer.
    > > Eror Code 0x800703e7
    > > this is a company laptop with a volume license.
    > > How do i get past this error....

    It would appear that the error is being generated by Automatic Updates.

    Try the WinXP fixes in
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319585.

    Also see
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/search?q=0x800703e7&start=0&scoring=d&hl=en&
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Richard wrote:
    > I have a laptop with numerous problems... after trying to restore... which
    > failed.. it boots up now, then I can log in.. then I get the error ...
    > "a problem is preventing Windows from Accurately checking the license for
    > this computer.
    > Eror Code 0x800703e7
    > this is a company laptop with a volume license.
    > How do i get past this error....

Laptops Microsoft License Windows XP