I am accessing an FTP site that requires me to login. I inadvertently typed
my password in the Username field. Now my Username as well as my Password
are remembered in the Username field drop down box. How do I delete the
entries in the Username drop down box? I've tried clearing everything I can
think of.

In internet explorer tools>internet options>content. Click on autocomplete
button. In the box that pops up click on clear forms and clear passwords.
You will have to enter everything in manually that it had stored the first
time you encounter it again.

"WWII" <wweldin@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I am accessing an FTP site that requires me to login. I inadvertently
>typed
> my password in the Username field. Now my Username as well as my Password
> are remembered in the Username field drop down box. How do I delete the
> entries in the Username drop down box? I've tried clearing everything I
> can
> think of.

Rich

"WWII" <wweldin@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I am accessing an FTP site that requires me to login. I inadvertently
>typed
> my password in the Username field. Now my Username as well as my Password
> are remembered in the Username field drop down box. How do I delete the
> entries in the Username drop down box? I've tried clearing everything I
> can
> think of.

Have you tried arrowing down to the password and hitting delete? That used
to work, maybe it went away along the line?

Rich

awww, my way is more fun! ha-ha

"Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message

> "WWII" <wweldin@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I am accessing an FTP site that requires me to login. I inadvertently
>>typed
>> my password in the Username field. Now my Username as well as my
>> Password
>> are remembered in the Username field drop down box. How do I delete the
>> entries in the Username drop down box? I've tried clearing everything I
>> can
>> think of.
>>

> Have you tried arrowing down to the password and hitting delete? That used
> to work, maybe it went away along the line?
>
> Rich

Rich

"Jack Handey" <nothere@overthere.com> wrote in message
> awww, my way is more fun! ha-ha
>
> "Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "WWII" <wweldin@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I am accessing an FTP site that requires me to login. I inadvertently
>>>typed
>>> my password in the Username field. Now my Username as well as my
>>> Password
>>> are remembered in the Username field drop down box. How do I delete the
>>> entries in the Username drop down box? I've tried clearing everything I
>>> can
>>> think of.
>>>

>> Have you tried arrowing down to the password and hitting delete? That
>> used to work, maybe it went away along the line?
>>
>> Rich

Maybe yours is more fun but your loosing all the passwords that are correct
up to that point!!

Rich