Asking: $465.00 (my cost) + $25 shipping via FedEx

http://orbitpinball.com/f14pf1.jpg
http://orbitpinball.com/f14pf2.jpg

Email me directly: orbitinball at cox.net
You may also contact me by phone 405-370-9023
PF is in Edmond / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

If you happen to live in Kansas City I can deliver the PF to KC this weekend
assuming we work out a deal before I leave town this evening.

--

-Frank Gant
http://orbitpinball.com

Andy

Make sure if you buy this playfield and intend to clear coat it, you should
remove and replace all the insert decals to avoid the spots you will get in
the lenses after the clear cures. It happened to me on my NOS F14 playfield
and it will happen to you unless you take these necessary steps to avoid the
problem yourself.

That being said, the game super fast when clearcoated! Now you DDDDDDDIE!
:)

Andy

"OrbitPinball.com" <orbitpinball@cox.net> wrote in message
> F-14 NOS Playfield. No Mylar. Nice clean surface. Does have those lines
> in the arrow inserts like most F-14 playfields, but isn't bad at all and
> isn't too noticeable. Isn't dimpled on the back but I will be happy to
> share my template once I'm done with it to save you some time. Art is
> very nice. No scratches or gouges or anything like that. Very nice
> playfield. I'm selling it because I picked up another NOS PF that was
> already cleared.
>
> I can take as many pictures as you need. I'll be gone Friday-Sunday but
> can respond to emails. Below are two pictures. One of the entire PF and
> one of the arrow inserts.
>
> Asking: $465.00 (my cost) + $25 shipping via FedEx
>
> http://orbitpinball.com/f14pf1.jpg
> http://orbitpinball.com/f14pf2.jpg
>
> Email me directly: orbitinball at cox.net
> You may also contact me by phone 405-370-9023
> PF is in Edmond / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
>
> If you happen to live in Kansas City I can deliver the PF to KC this
> weekend assuming we work out a deal before I leave town this evening.
>
> --
>

> -Frank Gant
> http://orbitpinball.com

There's no decals on the inserts.

Richard

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:40:27 GMT, "Andy" <andy@NOSPAMcharlottepinball.com>
wrote:

>Ok, I got you. What I technically meant to say, is, that if you don't cut
>out the artwork that is screened over top of the insert decals and replace
>them with after market decals, your clearcoat job will likely not turn out
>as well as you might plan or hope (on this particular title I have personal
>experience in saying that.)

I hear you that they can spot up a tiny bit; I had a clearcoated NOS F14 and it
had a few tiny spots. Nothing to really be overly concerned about though. With
all due respect, I think that attempting to remove the original insert artwork
from an NOS playfield and then applying decals before clearing is absolutely far
beyond a reasonable idea. I'm not trying to ridicule you or make you out to
look dumb; it's just one of the craziest things I've heard in regards to dealing
with playfields. I seriously doubt anybody would do this.

By the way, removing that artwork isn't as easy as just cutting it out; remember
that it is silk-screened onto the inserts after they're glued into the playfield
and sanded level with the wood. You may have seen the artwork come off
relatively easy from a used playfield, when mylar was stuck to it, but that's
because the adhesive on the mylar had better adhesion than the ink to the
plastic insert or the playfield wood - plus it's been loosened by many years of
the pinballs pounding against it, nevermind temperature cycles, etc.

>I don't think they clear top coated (diamondplated) *any* F14 pf's that I am
>aware of, did they?

No, there were no diamondplate ones - but all playfields have a clear topcoat.

Richard

subdural

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003

well, my point is this, if you have a NOS playfield, why clear it to
begin with? In home use, and with cleaning, it should last virtually
forever.

If someone sands down/removes insert lettering on a NOS playfield, I
think they are insane.

I wish Chris would chime in and give his 2c on this, as there must be
something more to this puzzle...

Wil