Archer01

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2001
Ok, maybe this has been covered but does anyone know if Intel is planing to enable hyper-threading on any cpu's below 3.06ghz?

On a related note, it's time for me to think about upgradeing again, but since it's hard to find benchmarks for anything but cutting edge products can anyone point me to benchmarks of the P4 2.4b 533fsb using 1066 RDRAM and/or to benchmarks for Ath XP 2400+ on an Nforce2 using dual channel PC2700 CL2? I'm trying to get a good midrange system and having a hard time choosing.

I don't want to start an AMD/INTEL discussion I just want a place to look at benchmarks for these midrange procs for myself. I've used procs from both companies and happen to like both. Ok...Rant over. Thanks everybody

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
intel faster 0 to 3% overall maybe more if the site use a lot of game and intesive memory benchmark good old X86 benchmark still run better on a AXP.yes oon intel will enable HT on all CPU with 800 FSB i dont know for 533 FSB 1.

Just next to the lab and the bunker you will find the marketing departement.

Schryver

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
Yup I'm pretty sure juin's right, Intel only plans on enabling HT on 800 FSB processors. <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=6676" target="_new">More info here.</A>

If you don't feel like clicking that link, HT will be enabled on processors down to 2.4 GHz.

Oh, and don't get scared by those prices, those are in euros or canadian or something goofy like that. :)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I used to do a lot of video encoding. And I was multitasking at the same time. So HT would have been a godsend. Even though I'm not doing it now, the fact that I might in the future points me in that direction. Unfortunately it will be a while before HT is available in a "midrange" priced CPU.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Intel has no plans to retrograde...but word has that several people are checking to see if the older P4's have it, but that it is just locked. Thus, they are attempting to unlock it....

This post is guaranteed fresh for up to 7 days after the date printed on the box.