Best Winows 7 version for gaming

What's the best Windows 7 version for gaming? Or is Windows 8 going to be good for gaming?
8 answers Last reply
More about best winows version gaming
  1. Windows 8 has improved the way it delegates tasks to the processor, thereby increasing the maximum power throughput possible, but this only applies to CPUs with Hyper-threading enabled.
    Best for gaming - not much difference really, but I suggest get W7 Ultimate or W8 Pro.
  2. I love Win8 for the way it handles my i7 when I'm transcoding tons of video. It games fairly well, also, no different than Win7- exactly the same, if I were to attempt to do a true comparison. If games ever make better use of multithreading, Win8 will be the way to go.
  3. nbelote said:
    I love Win8 for the way it handles my i7 when I'm transcoding tons of video. It games fairly well, also, no different than Win7- exactly the same, if I were to attempt to do a true comparison. If games ever make better use of multithreading, Win8 will be the way to go.

Okay, thank you! BTW, what do you think of the new GUI for Windows 8? I heard some reviews that say its too much based on a mobile platform, not a pc platform.
  4. W7 64 bit home is best imo, ultimate is a waste of money. Never tried W8
  5. 7 pro!
  6. Hi :)

Another vote for 7 Pro...

And NOBODY knows about 8 for gaming yet.....until the 25th...

All the best Brett :)
  7. win 7 pro 64
  8. win 7 ultimate if u know what u are doing........
    otherwise go with win 7 pro..

never tried win 8 so no comment on that...

and makes ure u installing 64bit OS...
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Gaming Windows 8 Windows 7