Corrosion and Rust

Hi all,

I am restoring a Gorgar machine. The wires on the back of the light
board are all green with corrosion, accented by rust where they are
connected to the lights. Does anyone have a good way to clean this up
without removing everything and recreacting from scratch? Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Once the wires are corroded you have to cut them back until you get to
a point where they are not and put a new connector on them. There's no
way to "restore" a wire that works.

sorry..... you might look around for a harness from a parted out one
because if you go too short you will need to extend wires out, it would
be nice to have the proper color wires. If you have to add wires to
make the harness longer, butt splice them, solder, and heatshrink
(don't use crimp connectors). It's tedious, but really the only way to
fix them.

If you mean the backglass light board I would still replace all the
wiring, any rust or corrosion is going to cause problems. There are
several people on RGP that sell the proper bare wire to go back on it,
and you can probably get a lot of sockets from someone that's parted
out a machine in the past.

Somehow, I knew that was going to be the answer. It is the backglass
light board. I think I may completely strip it and rebuild from
scratch. I was hoping there was an easier way. Thank you for the advice.

Somehow I thought that was going to be the answer. It is the backglass
light board. I am thinking about stipping it and starting from scratch.
I was just hoping there was an easier way. Thank you for the advice.