POLL No Fear clearcoated pf

ay Guys

Just want to put this out there to see what the experts would say. The
title says it all, i am getting ready to shop out my NF, i have all the
parts but the sky dive assembly, and a new ramp on the way (Thanks
Dan).

I guess my question is, since its already fast, would a cc make it
unplayable ? Would it be too quick ? Anyone else clear this game. I am
not looking to sell this game, i have alot into it as it is, my cab is
great and i plan on getting new side art for my one side of fade, and i
only have one spot that needs to be addressed, which is under the
spinner. Everyone knows i dont have mint games, most of mine are blown
out ;o) but id like to have one thats as close as i can get. I guess
the main question is, can i stand not playing this game for a couple
months while it cures.

Your opinion please

TIA
John
jdubbbs
26 answers Last reply
More about poll fear clearcoated

    if you do plan on clearing it, it will play faster at first then it
    will settle down. Some people go on and on about how the ball somehow
    "rolls different", but that's because they're used to playing on 10
    year old games.

    I can't say if you will miss not playing the game for a few months
    since i dont know what else you have in your collection. I plan on
    clearing all the games that i own...since all of them need some TLC to
    look perfect.

    do it. ;)

    -c

    John,
    I'm planning on doing mine as well, I've already talked to Chris &
    its just a matter of time,, If it was me,, I'd go ahead & do it &
    YES its going to be super fast , but I'm not sure how much time is
    needed to let it :Cure" .
    IF you re-decal it,, I'm in need of the Front for around the coin door
    mine had a lock-bar & I'd love to fix that , My sides are Not Faded.
    who-ever owned mine before I did had a Flipper bushing go bad so I have
    have a Wear-spot from that,, Dont plan on selling mine either, But
    really want to get the spot fixed,,Might as well do it Right if you're
    going to do it at all Huh ?.

    Pin-Del,

    It comes cleared in the first place....... adding more clear will not
    change that, but will probably be smoother than a played one. It will
    even out eventually and will play a little slower. So, once freshly
    re-cleared, will be as fast as it was from day one (and if a better
    clearing job, faster) which will then wear and slow down later as dirt
    etc. gets put on it.

    As for not stand to play the game while the clear cures, how many
    others do you have to play while waiting?

    John,
    Whos selling the Ramp ??, Mines good, But you'd never know when
    that magnets going to mess up ,, I'd love to have a spare ??

    Pin-Del,

    Thanks John !!

    Pin-Del, =)

    JDubbs,
    I'll want to check out your NF if you have it cleared. The NF I
    have now is even BETTER than the last one I had. It really is a nice
    example, with no fade. It does have an indentation on the left, but
    hardly noticeable. I may like the effect that clearing has on the
    play, and would consider doing it to mine. Let me know if you go
    through with it, and I'll have to come up and check it out. Not to
    mention bring the APL (Al Pinball League - I only need ONE person in my
    league!) up to a MPL get together to put all you guys in your place!
    LOL! Best of luck!

    -Al

    >to a MPL get together to put all you guys in your place!

    You only need to bring two things with you- that delusional personality
    of yours and some cash.

    Kirb

    Playfield Renovations had a gorgeous cleared NF PF in their booth at
    Expo last year. That convinced me I want to have mine done. The gloss
    has worn down in a few areas of my NF PF, even after buffing it by hand
    for a long time. I haven't tried my TC buffers on it yet, but I'd
    imagine they might help.

    I'm in the same boat, but I'm going to do all my side art when it
    becomes available. I have a NOS ramp and a NOS skydive assy to put into
    my game when I restore it. I did all the other plastics NOS and the
    mountain NOS when I shopped the game awhile back.

    -

    http://www.myhomegameroom.com

    JDubbbs wrote:
    > ay Guys
    >
    > Just want to put this out there to see what the experts would say. The
    > title says it all, i am getting ready to shop out my NF, i have all the
    > parts but the sky dive assembly, and a new ramp on the way (Thanks
    > Dan).
    >
    > I guess my question is, since its already fast, would a cc make it
    > unplayable ? Would it be too quick ? Anyone else clear this game. I am
    > not looking to sell this game, i have alot into it as it is, my cab is
    > great and i plan on getting new side art for my one side of fade, and i
    > only have one spot that needs to be addressed, which is under the
    > spinner. Everyone knows i dont have mint games, most of mine are blown
    > out ;o) but id like to have one thats as close as i can get. I guess
    > the main question is, can i stand not playing this game for a couple
    > months while it cures.
    >
    > Your opinion please
    >
    > TIA
    > John
    > jdubbbs

    Danm

    Ive been demoted to the freshman team

    Aint that a danm shame :o)

    John
    jdubbbs

    I got mine from PBR nearly 2 years ago IIRC

    -

    Del wrote:
    > John,
    > Whos selling the Ramp ??, Mines good, But you'd never know when
    > that magnets going to mess up ,, I'd love to have a spare ??
    >
    > Pin-Del,

    (It was unplayable BEFORE!) ;)

    I wouldn't do it unless the playfield
    is severely damaged....

    If you are just going to sell it real
    soon, why damage the game before you do?
    I'd leave it well enough alone.

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8
    ============================

    On 16 Jun 2005 12:37:33 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >JDubbs,
    > I'll want to check out your NF if you have it cleared. The NF I
    >have now is even BETTER than the last one I had. It really is a nice
    >example, with no fade. It does have an indentation on the left, but
    >hardly noticeable. I may like the effect that clearing has on the
    >play, and would consider doing it to mine. Let me know if you go
    >through with it, and I'll have to come up and check it out. Not to
    >mention bring the APL (Al Pinball League - I only need ONE person in my
    >league!) up to a MPL get together to put all you guys in your place!
    >LOL! Best of luck!
    >
    > -Al

    ....ok...now lets see if you can you fit BOTH feet in your mouth. ;-)

    talk is cheap, hopefully your betting isn't ;-)

    maybe Al will lose enough so that he can cover everyones $10 entry
    fee ;-)

    you have dug a big hole my friend, hopefully when you fall in we don't
    kick dirt on you too ;-)

    you will be up against the jv team this time ;-)

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    Well the pf DOES look great, but i would rather not do touch up
    without some kind of protection. The spot is so minor, but then again,
    its in a high traveled area. I do believe it was caused during
    multiball, with a ball hitting the spinner and doing the damage.
    Inserts, i also have one lifting, but then again , its minor. Maybe ill
    post a pic to let people know where im coming from.

    Thanks for all the great answers guys. I guess i have alot of thinking
    to do

    John
    jdubbbs

    I have had half of my collection clearcoated by aftermarket means and I
    think it is the way to go. It will play faster, but will settle down some
    the more it is played. I have many System 11 games and clearing them after
    touchups is the best way to keep the playfields in top shape, IMHO.

    Andy

    "CraigC -Chicago-" <pinball@chicagohardcore.net> wrote in message
    > if you do plan on clearing it, it will play faster at first then it
    > will settle down. Some people go on and on about how the ball somehow
    > "rolls different", but that's because they're used to playing on 10
    > year old games.
    >
    > I can't say if you will miss not playing the game for a few months
    > since i dont know what else you have in your collection. I plan on
    > clearing all the games that i own...since all of them need some TLC to
    > look perfect.
    >
    > do it. ;)
    >
    > -c

    Nah, if you're going to touch it up and you have even minor lifting on
    insert edges, clear it, you'll be happy.

    GRY

    "Del" <delmail333@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > John,
    > I'm planning on doing mine as well, I've already talked to Chris &
    > its just a matter of time,, If it was me,, I'd go ahead & do it &
    > YES its going to be super fast , but I'm not sure how much time is
    > needed to let it :Cure" .
    > IF you re-decal it,, I'm in need of the Front for around the coin door
    > mine had a lock-bar & I'd love to fix that , My sides are Not Faded.
    > who-ever owned mine before I did had a Flipper bushing go bad so I have
    > have a Wear-spot from that,, Dont plan on selling mine either, But
    > really want to get the spot fixed,,Might as well do it Right if you're
    > going to do it at all Huh ?.

    Are cabinet decals available for No Fear?

    Michael

    Now THAT'S the type of smack talking I like to hear! You can bet I'll
    bring BOTH!!!

    -Al

    Pinlicious,
    Talk is cheap. And if I've dug a hole, don't worry, I can climb
    out of it easily! :-) Seriously though, it would be a great time to
    get together with some PLAYERS and not just COLLECTORS. BIG
    difference. A few of the people I know around here are more collectors
    than players. It's nice to see that there are other people who
    actually PRACTICE flipper skills, learn rulesets, etc. I look forward
    to the competition. Just don't BOO me when I reset during practice
    games!

    -Al

    >Talk is cheap. And if I've dug a hole, don't worry, I can climb
    >out of it easily!

    Dude, you are going to get your ass handed to you. You may want to
    re-think talking smack to Koz.

    Kirb

    On 16 Jun 2005 20:27:20 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Pinlicious,
    > Talk is cheap. And if I've dug a hole, don't worry, I can climb
    >out of it easily! :-) Seriously though, it would be a great time to
    >get together with some PLAYERS and not just COLLECTORS. BIG
    >difference. A few of the people I know around here are more collectors
    >than players. It's nice to see that there are other people who
    >actually PRACTICE flipper skills, learn rulesets, etc. I look forward
    >to the competition. Just don't BOO me when I reset during practice
    >games!
    >
    > -Al

    my flipper fingers are shaking...

    ;-)

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    Kirb,
    I will be the first to say that Koz is a terrific player. (I've
    not met him in person, but I have seen his scores.....and beaten them
    at times.) But I think I'm at least at par with the playing ability.
    Ask some of the MPL that were at Bucci's. I ain't no pinball punk. I
    think I'll be able to at leat "hang" with any of your scores. I guess
    time will just have to tell the whole story. :-) Maybe you can make
    it to the competition too. Hope so!

    -Al

    Chet

    Saturday no good, but there is a chance i will be in YOUR area sunday.

    John
    jdubbbs

    AL

    Ive played you and i have played Koz. Believe me when i say, no one,
    and i mean no one plays like Koz does. besides knowing the rulesets for
    hundreds of games, he has a style that i have never seen. Good luck,
    dont let the cash in your pocket burn a hole, cause i do know one
    thing. Ive seen you play a few games, but ive seen Koz play more, and
    when it comes to mad skills, Koz does hold the upper hand. Not to
    mention he does have a deep pocket for your 4k :o)

    John
    jdubbbs

    Sounds like your spinner was jacked up awhile...
    That one gets hit in multiball while its spinning and bends up the
    rod so the spinner isn't hanging vertically...then you smack it and blast
    the ball into the pf...
    make sure you keep up with your spinner and your touchup will be fine...
    If anything a small piece of mylar...

    I would pass on the cc unless you had major touch up...
    That pf is fast and furious and WELL protected already...

    Chet

    On 17 Jun 2005 04:50:43 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Kirb,
    > I will be the first to say that Koz is a terrific player. (I've
    >not met him in person, but I have seen his scores.....and beaten them
    >at times.)

    150M on mm isn't EVER a score to brag about. whatever you beat that
    score by i will double it on my next visit. no problem. ;-)

    > But I think I'm at least at par with the playing ability.

    it's gonna take more than THINKING ;-)

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    >Ask some of the MPL that were at Bucci's. I ain't no pinball punk. I
    >think I'll be able to at leat "hang" with any of your scores. I guess
    >time will just have to tell the whole story. :-) Maybe you can make
    >it to the competition too. Hope so!
    >
    > -Al

    APL !!

    And guys he is a gambler and he has $4000 from that TZ...!!

    Anyone up for a party Saturday?

    RESET during "practice" games ?
    You mean like At Buccis when you were SO trying to play
    with the clock? John didnt you say something about those
    "Practice ball ones" ????

    Game restart= never

    Chet

    "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Pinlicious,
    > Talk is cheap. And if I've dug a hole, don't worry, I can climb
    > out of it easily! :-) Seriously though, it would be a great time to
    > get together with some PLAYERS and not just COLLECTORS. BIG
    > difference. A few of the people I know around here are more collectors
    > than players. It's nice to see that there are other people who
    > actually PRACTICE flipper skills, learn rulesets, etc. I look forward
    > to the competition. Just don't BOO me when I reset during practice
    > games!
    >
    > -Al

Games Video Games