POLL No Fear clearcoated pf

Last response: in Video Games
June 16, 2005 2:33:39 PM

ay Guys

Just want to put this out there to see what the experts would say. The
title says it all, i am getting ready to shop out my NF, i have all the
parts but the sky dive assembly, and a new ramp on the way (Thanks
Dan).

I guess my question is, since its already fast, would a cc make it
unplayable ? Would it be too quick ? Anyone else clear this game. I am
not looking to sell this game, i have alot into it as it is, my cab is
great and i plan on getting new side art for my one side of fade, and i
only have one spot that needs to be addressed, which is under the
spinner. Everyone knows i dont have mint games, most of mine are blown
out ;o) but id like to have one thats as close as i can get. I guess
the main question is, can i stand not playing this game for a couple
months while it cures.

Your opinion please

TIA
John
jdubbbs

More about : poll fear clearcoated

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:50:41 PM

if you do plan on clearing it, it will play faster at first then it
will settle down. Some people go on and on about how the ball somehow
"rolls different", but that's because they're used to playing on 10
year old games.

I can't say if you will miss not playing the game for a few months
since i dont know what else you have in your collection. I plan on
clearing all the games that i own...since all of them need some TLC to
look perfect.

do it. ;)

-c
June 16, 2005 2:51:11 PM

John,
I'm planning on doing mine as well, I've already talked to Chris &
its just a matter of time,, If it was me,, I'd go ahead & do it &
YES its going to be super fast , but I'm not sure how much time is
needed to let it :Cure" .
IF you re-decal it,, I'm in need of the Front for around the coin door
mine had a lock-bar & I'd love to fix that , My sides are Not Faded.
who-ever owned mine before I did had a Flipper bushing go bad so I have
have a Wear-spot from that,, Dont plan on selling mine either, But
really want to get the spot fixed,,Might as well do it Right if you're
going to do it at all Huh ?.

Pin-Del,
June 16, 2005 3:11:16 PM

It comes cleared in the first place....... adding more clear will not
change that, but will probably be smoother than a played one. It will
even out eventually and will play a little slower. So, once freshly
re-cleared, will be as fast as it was from day one (and if a better
clearing job, faster) which will then wear and slow down later as dirt
etc. gets put on it.

As for not stand to play the game while the clear cures, how many
others do you have to play while waiting?
June 16, 2005 3:33:09 PM

John,
Whos selling the Ramp ??, Mines good, But you'd never know when
that magnets going to mess up ,, I'd love to have a spare ??

Pin-Del,
June 16, 2005 3:49:35 PM

Thanks John !!

Pin-Del, =)
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 4:37:33 PM

JDubbs,
I'll want to check out your NF if you have it cleared. The NF I
have now is even BETTER than the last one I had. It really is a nice
example, with no fade. It does have an indentation on the left, but
hardly noticeable. I may like the effect that clearing has on the
play, and would consider doing it to mine. Let me know if you go
through with it, and I'll have to come up and check it out. Not to
mention bring the APL (Al Pinball League - I only need ONE person in my
league!) up to a MPL get together to put all you guys in your place!
LOL! Best of luck!

-Al
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 4:46:07 PM

>to a MPL get together to put all you guys in your place!

You only need to bring two things with you- that delusional personality
of yours and some cash.

Kirb
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:05:54 PM

Playfield Renovations had a gorgeous cleared NF PF in their booth at
Expo last year. That convinced me I want to have mine done. The gloss
has worn down in a few areas of my NF PF, even after buffing it by hand
for a long time. I haven't tried my TC buffers on it yet, but I'd
imagine they might help.

I'm in the same boat, but I'm going to do all my side art when it
becomes available. I have a NOS ramp and a NOS skydive assy to put into
my game when I restore it. I did all the other plastics NOS and the
mountain NOS when I shopped the game awhile back.

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

JDubbbs wrote:
> ay Guys
>
> Just want to put this out there to see what the experts would say. The
> title says it all, i am getting ready to shop out my NF, i have all the
> parts but the sky dive assembly, and a new ramp on the way (Thanks
> Dan).
>
> I guess my question is, since its already fast, would a cc make it
> unplayable ? Would it be too quick ? Anyone else clear this game. I am
> not looking to sell this game, i have alot into it as it is, my cab is
> great and i plan on getting new side art for my one side of fade, and i
> only have one spot that needs to be addressed, which is under the
> spinner. Everyone knows i dont have mint games, most of mine are blown
> out ;o) but id like to have one thats as close as i can get. I guess
> the main question is, can i stand not playing this game for a couple
> months while it cures.
>
> Your opinion please
>
> TIA
> John
> jdubbbs

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:26:52 PM

Danm

Ive been demoted to the freshman team

Aint that a danm shame :o )

John
jdubbbs
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:46:03 PM

I got mine from PBR nearly 2 years ago IIRC

-

Del wrote:
> John,
> Whos selling the Ramp ??, Mines good, But you'd never know when
> that magnets going to mess up ,, I'd love to have a spare ??
>
> Pin-Del,

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 7:59:38 PM

(It was unplayable BEFORE!) ;)

I wouldn't do it unless the playfield
is severely damaged....

If you are just going to sell it real
soon, why damage the game before you do?
I'd leave it well enough alone.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
============================

JDubbbs wrote:

> ay Guys

> Your opinion please
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:05:57 PM

On 16 Jun 2005 12:37:33 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:

>JDubbs,
> I'll want to check out your NF if you have it cleared. The NF I
>have now is even BETTER than the last one I had. It really is a nice
>example, with no fade. It does have an indentation on the left, but
>hardly noticeable. I may like the effect that clearing has on the
>play, and would consider doing it to mine. Let me know if you go
>through with it, and I'll have to come up and check it out. Not to
>mention bring the APL (Al Pinball League - I only need ONE person in my
>league!) up to a MPL get together to put all you guys in your place!
>LOL! Best of luck!
>
> -Al

....ok...now lets see if you can you fit BOTH feet in your mouth. ;-)

talk is cheap, hopefully your betting isn't ;-)

maybe Al will lose enough so that he can cover everyones $10 entry
fee ;-)

you have dug a big hole my friend, hopefully when you fall in we don't
kick dirt on you too ;-)

you will be up against the jv team this time ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:38:04 PM

Well the pf DOES look great, but i would rather not do touch up
without some kind of protection. The spot is so minor, but then again,
its in a high traveled area. I do believe it was caused during
multiball, with a ball hitting the spinner and doing the damage.
Inserts, i also have one lifting, but then again , its minor. Maybe ill
post a pic to let people know where im coming from.

Thanks for all the great answers guys. I guess i have alot of thinking
to do

John
jdubbbs
June 16, 2005 10:44:32 PM

I have had half of my collection clearcoated by aftermarket means and I
think it is the way to go. It will play faster, but will settle down some
the more it is played. I have many System 11 games and clearing them after
touchups is the best way to keep the playfields in top shape, IMHO.

Andy

"CraigC -Chicago-" <pinball@chicagohardcore.net> wrote in message
> if you do plan on clearing it, it will play faster at first then it
> will settle down. Some people go on and on about how the ball somehow
> "rolls different", but that's because they're used to playing on 10
> year old games.
>
> I can't say if you will miss not playing the game for a few months
> since i dont know what else you have in your collection. I plan on
> clearing all the games that i own...since all of them need some TLC to
> look perfect.
>
> do it. ;)
>
> -c

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:52:52 PM

Nah, if you're going to touch it up and you have even minor lifting on
insert edges, clear it, you'll be happy.

GRY

"JDubbbs" <jdubbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Well the pf DOES look great, but i would rather not do touch up
> without some kind of protection. The spot is so minor, but then again,
> its in a high traveled area. I do believe it was caused during
> multiball, with a ball hitting the spinner and doing the damage.
> Inserts, i also have one lifting, but then again , its minor. Maybe ill
> post a pic to let people know where im coming from.
>
> Thanks for all the great answers guys. I guess i have alot of thinking
> to do
>
> John
> jdubbbs

June 16, 2005 11:12:35 PM

"Del" <delmail333@gmail.com> wrote in message
> John,
> I'm planning on doing mine as well, I've already talked to Chris &
> its just a matter of time,, If it was me,, I'd go ahead & do it &
> YES its going to be super fast , but I'm not sure how much time is
> needed to let it :Cure" .
> IF you re-decal it,, I'm in need of the Front for around the coin door
> mine had a lock-bar & I'd love to fix that , My sides are Not Faded.
> who-ever owned mine before I did had a Flipper bushing go bad so I have
> have a Wear-spot from that,, Dont plan on selling mine either, But
> really want to get the spot fixed,,Might as well do it Right if you're
> going to do it at all Huh ?.

Are cabinet decals available for No Fear?

Michael
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:20:20 AM

Now THAT'S the type of smack talking I like to hear! You can bet I'll
bring BOTH!!!

-Al
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:27:20 AM

Pinlicious,
Talk is cheap. And if I've dug a hole, don't worry, I can climb
out of it easily! :-) Seriously though, it would be a great time to
get together with some PLAYERS and not just COLLECTORS. BIG
difference. A few of the people I know around here are more collectors
than players. It's nice to see that there are other people who
actually PRACTICE flipper skills, learn rulesets, etc. I look forward
to the competition. Just don't BOO me when I reset during practice
games!

-Al
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 1:06:25 AM

>Talk is cheap. And if I've dug a hole, don't worry, I can climb
>out of it easily!

Dude, you are going to get your ass handed to you. You may want to
re-think talking smack to Koz.

Kirb
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 5:12:09 AM

On 16 Jun 2005 20:27:20 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Pinlicious,
> Talk is cheap. And if I've dug a hole, don't worry, I can climb
>out of it easily! :-) Seriously though, it would be a great time to
>get together with some PLAYERS and not just COLLECTORS. BIG
>difference. A few of the people I know around here are more collectors
>than players. It's nice to see that there are other people who
>actually PRACTICE flipper skills, learn rulesets, etc. I look forward
>to the competition. Just don't BOO me when I reset during practice
>games!
>
> -Al

my flipper fingers are shaking...

;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 8:50:43 AM

Kirb,
I will be the first to say that Koz is a terrific player. (I've
not met him in person, but I have seen his scores.....and beaten them
at times.) But I think I'm at least at par with the playing ability.
Ask some of the MPL that were at Bucci's. I ain't no pinball punk. I
think I'll be able to at leat "hang" with any of your scores. I guess
time will just have to tell the whole story. :-) Maybe you can make
it to the competition too. Hope so!

-Al
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 10:05:47 AM

Chet

Saturday no good, but there is a chance i will be in YOUR area sunday.

John
jdubbbs
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 1:11:45 PM

AL

Ive played you and i have played Koz. Believe me when i say, no one,
and i mean no one plays like Koz does. besides knowing the rulesets for
hundreds of games, he has a style that i have never seen. Good luck,
dont let the cash in your pocket burn a hole, cause i do know one
thing. Ive seen you play a few games, but ive seen Koz play more, and
when it comes to mad skills, Koz does hold the upper hand. Not to
mention he does have a deep pocket for your 4k :o )

John
jdubbbs
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:43:28 PM

Sounds like your spinner was jacked up awhile...
That one gets hit in multiball while its spinning and bends up the
rod so the spinner isn't hanging vertically...then you smack it and blast
the ball into the pf...
make sure you keep up with your spinner and your touchup will be fine...
If anything a small piece of mylar...

I would pass on the cc unless you had major touch up...
That pf is fast and furious and WELL protected already...

Chet

"JDubbbs" <jdubbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Well the pf DOES look great, but i would rather not do touch up
> without some kind of protection. The spot is so minor, but then again,
> its in a high traveled area. I do believe it was caused during
> multiball, with a ball hitting the spinner and doing the damage.
> Inserts, i also have one lifting, but then again , its minor. Maybe ill
> post a pic to let people know where im coming from.
>
> Thanks for all the great answers guys. I guess i have alot of thinking
> to do
>
> John
> jdubbbs

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:44:36 PM

On 17 Jun 2005 04:50:43 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Kirb,
> I will be the first to say that Koz is a terrific player. (I've
>not met him in person, but I have seen his scores.....and beaten them
>at times.)

150M on mm isn't EVER a score to brag about. whatever you beat that
score by i will double it on my next visit. no problem. ;-)

> But I think I'm at least at par with the playing ability.

it's gonna take more than THINKING ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

>Ask some of the MPL that were at Bucci's. I ain't no pinball punk. I
>think I'll be able to at leat "hang" with any of your scores. I guess
>time will just have to tell the whole story. :-) Maybe you can make
>it to the competition too. Hope so!
>
> -Al
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:56:12 PM

APL !!

And guys he is a gambler and he has $4000 from that TZ...!!

Anyone up for a party Saturday?

RESET during "practice" games ?
You mean like At Buccis when you were SO trying to play
with the clock? John didnt you say something about those
"Practice ball ones" ????

Game restart= never

Chet

!