HP Laserjet 4100 prints additional page

Hallo,

i have the following problem:

when i send a printjob to the printer an additional page is printed
before
the sent printjob is done.

this page has always four lines. last time this problem happened with
an
excel document and so the four lines were:

User: easing 3.xls
Host: 192.1.1.21
Class:
Job: Vergleichsrechnu...xls

I have already tried to print on another printer. There everything
works fine.

Is there anybody who has an idea?
Thanks in advance!
Dennis

Dennis Nied <dnied@huf-haus.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> i have the following problem:
>
> when i send a printjob to the printer an additional page is printed
> before
> the sent printjob is done.
>
> this page has always four lines. last time this problem happened with
> an
> excel document and so the four lines were:
>
> User: easing 3.xls
> Host: 192.1.1.21
> Class:
> Job: Vergleichsrechnu...xls
>
> I have already tried to print on another printer. There everything
> works fine.

Looks like a banner page from a JetDirect. Use the printer menus, a web
browser, or telnet to configure the JetDirect and turn off banners.

Warren Block wrote:
> Dennis Nied <dnied@huf-haus.de> wrote:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > i have the following problem:
> >
> > when i send a printjob to the printer an additional page is printed
> > before
> > the sent printjob is done.
> >
> > this page has always four lines. last time this problem happened with
> > an
> > excel document and so the four lines were:
> >
> > User: easing 3.xls
> > Host: 192.1.1.21
> > Class:
> > Job: Vergleichsrechnu...xls
> >
> > I have already tried to print on another printer. There everything
> > works fine.
>
> Looks like a banner page from a JetDirect. Use the printer menus, a web
> browser, or telnet to configure the JetDirect and turn off banners.
>
> --
> Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA

That's it! Thanks a lot...