Dead diminsion 2100

I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died. When I push the
power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights, etc.) I tried a new power
supply but that did not help. Also, I bypassed the switch, and that didn't
help. I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on when the
machine is plugged up (power). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The only possibility is to test each component individually together with oth
known working hardware. I'm not sure if the 2100 uses a standard ATX power
supply, or whether it requires one with a cobbled up ATX power connector like
many Dell P2 and P3 computers... Ben Myer

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:54:02 -0400, "Matt Wiggins" <mwigginsnoxx@charter.net>
wrote:

>I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died. When I push the
>power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights, etc.) I tried a new power
>supply but that did not help. Also, I bypassed the switch, and that didn't
>help. I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on when the
>machine is plugged up (power). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks

Thanks,

Does anyone know if the 2100 uses an ATX form factor?
> The only possibility is to test each component individually together with
> oth
> known working hardware. I'm not sure if the 2100 uses a standard ATX
> power
> supply, or whether it requires one with a cobbled up ATX power connector
> like
> many Dell P2 and P3 computers... Ben Myer
>
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:54:02 -0400, "Matt Wiggins"
> <mwigginsnoxx@charter.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died. When I push the
>>power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights, etc.) I tried a new
>>power
>>supply but that did not help. Also, I bypassed the switch, and that didn't
>>help. I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on when the
>>machine is plugged up (power). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks

The 2100 was one of the last Dells to use the proprietary, split power
connector. It can use a standard ATX power supply but you'll need a
Dell cable adapter to do it.

DO NOT use a standard ATX power supply without the adapter - you will
fry the mainboard, power supply or both if you do.

http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/dellconverter.html

Matt Wiggins wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Does anyone know if the 2100 uses an ATX form factor?

Mine does not have the smaller connector. Only has the ATX 10-pin connector
on the board.
"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> The 2100 was one of the last Dells to use the proprietary, split power
> connector. It can use a standard ATX power supply but you'll need a Dell
> cable adapter to do it.
>
> DO NOT use a standard ATX power supply without the adapter - you will fry
> the mainboard, power supply or both if you do.
>
> http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/dellconverter.html
>

> Matt Wiggins wrote:
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Does anyone know if the 2100 uses an ATX form factor?

Whoops! Yes it does! It was under an IDE cable, and I failed to see it.
"Matt Wiggins" <mwigginsnoxx@charter.net> wrote in message
> Mine does not have the smaller connector. Only has the ATX 10-pin
> connector on the board.
> "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> The 2100 was one of the last Dells to use the proprietary, split power
>> connector. It can use a standard ATX power supply but you'll need a Dell
>> cable adapter to do it.
>>
>> DO NOT use a standard ATX power supply without the adapter - you will fry
>> the mainboard, power supply or both if you do.
>>
>> http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/dellconverter.html
>>

>> Matt Wiggins wrote:
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if the 2100 uses an ATX form factor?

A slight pricing difference for the same cables.
http://www.power-on.com/connectors-adapters.html

KC