MN-740 Doesn't Connect to WRT54g

Gish

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2002

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to connect my XBox to my home network (a WRT54g 802.11g
router) and I can't get it to work. I'm running a MAC filter and
64bit encryption. I have input the encryption key into the XBox and
have put the BSSID (which I assume is the MAC address) into my
router's MAC filter. When I save the settings it is unable to
connect.

I looked in the more advanced MN740 settings and saw that it appears
to think my router is on a different channel than it is.

Has anybody run across this? Are there any special settings I need on
my router?

Thanks

joker

You should also enter the MAC address of the MN-740 into your allowed
list on the MAC filtering. Make sure it is set to infrastructure mode
as well.