Inspiron 7500 power trouble

I have a Inspiron 7500 that refuses to power up, the battery doesn't
hold a charge anymore. Even while plugged in and I try to turn it on the
only thing it will do is flash the power light once, then nothing.

Could the battery be soley to blame or, could it be another problem?

Reseat the memory, hard drive, optical drive, battery and any PCMCIA or
mini PCI cards in the system.

Remove the keyboard and RF shield and reseat the CPU in its socket -
these systems (MMC-2) are known for CPUs creeping out of their sockets
due to expansion and contraction with heating and cooling.

jake292 wrote:
> I have a Inspiron 7500 that refuses to power up, the battery doesn't
> hold a charge anymore. Even while plugged in and I try to turn it on the
> only thing it will do is flash the power light once, then nothing.
>
> Could the battery be soley to blame or, could it be another problem?

No luck, I did notice that the fan doesn't even try to kick on when I
hit the power button. Could it be something as simple as an overheating
precaution?

Edward J. Neth wrote:
> Reseat the memory, hard drive, optical drive, battery and any PCMCIA or
> mini PCI cards in the system.
>
> Remove the keyboard and RF shield and reseat the CPU in its socket -
> these systems (MMC-2) are known for CPUs creeping out of their sockets
> due to expansion and contraction with heating and cooling.
>

> jake292 wrote:
>
>> I have a Inspiron 7500 that refuses to power up, the battery doesn't
>> hold a charge anymore. Even while plugged in and I try to turn it on
>> the only thing it will do is flash the power light once, then nothing.
>>
>> Could the battery be soley to blame or, could it be another problem?

Not if it happens immediately on cold powerup.

Chances are the system board is shot.