Diner insert decals - Anyone pulled their mylar yet and in..

Andy

My diner has the typical raised inserts so I bought a set of replacement
decals (thanks Jeff.) My question is this - has anyone pulled their mylar
off and installed a set yet? I am considering having the playfield cleared
but want to hear what anyone that has replaced their decals has to say about
the process, results, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Andy

Mine haven't arrived yet. I'm a little worried about clear coating
over a large decal such as the customer faces. Be very, very, very
careful when removing your mylar. Whoever pulled the mylar on my pf
pulled nearly all the insert artwork off too.

Andy

I think one of the most important steps (in addition to careful mylar
removal) is the leveling of the inserts themselves. Cut them out and level
them prior to installing your decal if necessary. My mylar is bubbling
around the customers because my inserts are lifting. I have removed the
mylar from a cyc*lone and a couple of funh0uses with good success. The
freeze method works well for me (inverted can of air).

Andy