Fathers day gift!!

Hi all. Just found out what my gift is this year - a Phantom of the
Opera. I know, not that big of a deal, but my wife found it in
"working" condition for $100.00 from a co-worker. I get to pick it up
this Saturday. Just goes to show that there are still a few deals to be
found out there. She knows I'm a EM guy, but figured I would want it
at this price (to me - free). This is the second machine she's found
for me - great wife!!
Can't wait to see what I got!

Indy-gus
10 answers Last reply
More about fathers gift

    Nice, can't beat the deal! I used to enjoy that game back in the day.

    Al

    i picked up my bally expressway monday, i found it, and my wife
    agreed, thats as good as a fathers day present as it gets!!!

    ctsteps5

    Getting ANY pin is a big deal, or should be! Don't cut yourself short.
    Enjoy!

    Steve (cargpb10)

    Wow! Congrats on both the wife and the great pin deal! :)

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    Wow- all I get are ties and shirts I don't need/like... and maybe the dishes
    get done.... sheesh! ;)

    Ray J.
    --
    Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
    Salt Lake City, Utah USA

    "indy-gus" wrote:
    > Hi all. Just found out what my gift is this year - a Phantom of the
    > Opera. I know, not that big of a deal, but my wife found it in
    > "working" condition for $100.00 from a co-worker. I get to pick it up
    > this Saturday. Just goes to show that there are still a few deals to be
    > found out there. She knows I'm a EM guy, but figured I would want it
    > at this price (to me - free). This is the second machine she's found
    > for me - great wife!!
    > Can't wait to see what I got!
    >
    > Indy-gus

    congrats on the great find. I sold mine about a year ago...it was a
    fun game and you're right about the sound, it sounded great. Art is
    great also...I bought a NOS glass from Mayfair for it...it'll be
    interesting to see what kind of shape the paint is on the glass...keep
    us posted as to condition.

    JH

    Indy-gus,
    CONGRATULATIONS! And Happy Father's Day! Man, that is one HELL
    of a deal! A DMD game for $100! I thought I made out like a bandit on
    a Grand Lizard for $200. I hope you enjoy it! Make SURE you tell your
    wife how much you love her, and the fact that she knows how much you
    enjoy pinball!

    -Al

    Just found out it was in a fire station all it's life. Does that
    qualify it as a FSUO?? One can only guess as to its condition. Was
    just told I won't be able to pick it up till Sunday night - damn.

    Gus

    indy-gus wrote:

    > Hi all. Just found out what my gift is this year - a Phantom of the
    > Opera. I know, not that big of a deal, but my wife found it in
    > "working" condition for $100.00 from a co-worker. I get to pick it up
    > this Saturday. Just goes to show that there are still a few deals to be
    > found out there. She knows I'm a EM guy, but figured I would want it
    > at this price (to me - free). This is the second machine she's found
    > for me - great wife!!
    > Can't wait to see what I got!

    It's been a few years since I played one, so I don't remember much
    about the game-play other than a slanted ramp-thingy in the upper
    right corner, but what I *do* remember is the effective use of true
    stereo in the sound system. The sounds from the speakers are
    carefully phased so that there is an effect of depth and placement
    of the sound source. That really made an impression on me!

    --Bob

    Bob Ellingson bobe@halted.com
    Halted Specialties Co., Inc. http://www.halted.com
    3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
    Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)

    "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1118975982.167690.130390
    @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Indy-gus,
    > CONGRATULATIONS! And Happy Father's Day! Man, that is one HELL
    > of a deal! A DMD game for $100!

    Actually not a DMD Game. It is 16 digit AlphaNumeric. Still a cool game for
    a good price though.

    --
    John Pursglove
    Audubon, NJ