leeanator

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2002
Well I would recommend a Athlon processor they are powerful and do not cost that much. Depends on how much you want to spend? I currently got a Athlon 2100+ its fast and did not take a chunk out of my pocket book. I also am using a GA-7VAX mainboard and a Radeon 9000 pro 128mb graphics card. I find it to be very stable and fast, and didn't cost too much.

By the way i'm in Canada so stuff is a bit more expensive!

PCMCIA Really stands for (People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms) :) :)

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
CPU: Athlon XP 1700+ to 2100+ (retail)
Mobo: Leadtek K7NCR18D or MSI K7N2-L
Graphics Card: Radeon 9500 Pro/GeForce4 Ti4200 64 MB/ Radeon 8500LE

BTW, do you live in South Africa? If you live there, how you feel about World Cup Cricket?

<b> "You can put lipstick on a pig, but hey, it's still a pig!" - RobD </b>

hoserb2000

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002
the ga-7vaxp is not bad, but if you are planing to overclock -the ultmate value, yo might want to get an xp 2400+ they can be o'clocked to fsb333,2600-2800+ easy, and with the bartons, the tb-b prices are droping like flys! I would stay away from radeon 9000, 8500le is better and cheaper, but i would get a 9500 pro, there price is gooing down to! look at toms vga charts.

<font color=blue>Let's see, 500 posts a day, each day, for 30 days, and I will have more posts than Crashman!</font color=blue>

Man0War

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2002
Thanks for the advise. As for the cricket I hope that we will reach the final. In the last three we lost out in the semi's. Ps: Good to see Canada made it.

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
OMG, this f***ing "terrroist risky" country list have done so much damage to Bangladesh's image so far! :mad:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
What list? Things I know about Bangladesh have mainly come from studying global events and phenomena. I know that Bangledesh is a country about the size of my home state, but with about the population of my whole country. I know that people live off the coast on sand bars because of the lack of land, many die when tropical storms move those sand bars. I know that the country is supposed to be over 90% muslim and at least 3% of those muslims are extremist. And I know that muslim extremist support terrorism.

Imagine if the number of serial killers in the U.S. were to double. We'd have a big problem! Imagine if it were to quadruple?

Imagine if the people who harbored this type of hatred in the U.S were to increase 100 fold? That would still be a small number of people, but those people could do a whole lot of damage!

So my comment was not of the country as a whole, it was simply a statement of the likelyhood that such terrorist do exist there. As evidenced by Timothy McVeigh, terrorist even exist here! But we are more likely to see foreign terrorist commit crimes of newsworthy scale. If only one person from your country commits such a newsworth event, he would still be from your country. And we all know that he would NOT represent the majority of your people, but a radical faction. The likelyhood of such a man comming from your country within the next few years? Fairly high, as compared to say, India or China.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Sadly, you are true. It's too hard to consider this kind of facts as truth, but it's the truth. :frown:

But I disagree about India. The extremeist Hindus of India are not a bit better than our extremeist Muslims. The recent Gujrat tragedy is the example. The ratio of Hindus and extremeist hindus is also pretty similar.

Anyway, no more political debate. I've seen lots of poltical debates starting like this. I dislike these debates

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You see? So you have every right to be as concerned about extremist hindus as the U.S. does about extremist muslims, no? Every country has a different enemy, yes?

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Nope, India and Hindus are not our enemy. Sure India is recently trying to "push-in" some muslim Indians in Bangladesh, because they are "from Bangladesh". We are having temporary bad relationship with them, but it's not ususal. Hope conditions will get normal soon

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Not likely... extreme religion tends to make peoples brains go funny... thus they do dumb things.

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Agree with you, but don't bump this thread again. I hope this thread will die after another Crashman reply.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yeah... it was a sad thread to begin with.
nothing that a bit of RESEARCH wouldnt fix [lives with eternal hope]

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>