Direct X

I am having trouble installing directX 9.0b. I get an
error message that says it doesnt pass Windows Logo test.
If anyone knows how to get pass this please help me.

"Juan Q" <juanq316@aol.com> wrote in message news:1fda001c458b7$b9a256e0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
|I am having trouble installing directX 9.0b. I get an
| error message that says it doesnt pass Windows Logo test.
| If anyone knows how to get pass this please help me.

Here are a few solutions for the DirectX 9 "Logo Testing" error,
as well as other errors when trying to install patches or updates:

1. Try the resolutions in this recently released MS article:

2. Save and then Open the "DX9 Logo Error" patch on Line 189
for WinXP at: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

3. Repairing Windows is our final option. Boot from your Windows
CD (you may have to press F12 while starting up, or change the
bootup order in your BIOS) and then follow the instructions at:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Good luck! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms