Sign in with
Your question

Why these LCDs received Editor's Choice?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 23, 2009 8:18:48 PM

Hello, can someone please explain to me how this LCD monitor from DELL received the Editor's Choice award when they say that it has significant backlight bleeding on bottom edge.

This monitor from Samsung also has a lot of bleeding problems, but it also received the Editor's Choice award.

I am in the market for a monitor of this size, but I am confused about the quality of these monitors. What am I missing? Wouldn't all this bleeding degrade the picture quality?

Thanks.
a c 195 C Monitor
October 24, 2009 9:03:09 PM

Read the "Bottom Line".

All monitors built around TN panels seem to have this issue. It is seems to be "standard" for these inexpensive monitors. This is just something you are gonna have to accept.

More expensive monitors using PVA, MVA, IPS can have similar backlight bleeding issues, but it is less wide spread. My two monitors listed in my signature do not display any backlight bleeding unless I am looking at a black background in a dark room. But then again I did spend $800 for the Planar and $1,200+ for the NEC.

Here's a review of my Asus VK246H monitor that uses a TN panel. For the most part the monitor is good for watching movies and playing games (1.6ms of input lag) and is not looking to break the bank.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/54250-3-asus-vk246h-r...
m
l
a c 195 C Monitor
October 24, 2009 9:09:27 PM

The Asus VM246H is the same as the VK model, but does not have the webcam.
m
l
!