MN-700 critical update does not complete

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
July 31, 2004 7:20:44 PM

I really cannot seem to figure out how to complete this
process.

I'm connected via WIRE not wireless, not using any
firewall (not even the WinXP one) [however did try the
update with the base station firewall both on and off]

Tried restarting the base station (not the full wipe
everything, but the "refreshing" one)

Anyways, anyone else having this problem? Out of the
three components that were being updated the Boot
Firmware and Runtime Firmware could not be updated,
Application software had no problem.

Log off the Base Station Management Tool before you
update.
[logged off]
For best download results, click Open rather than Save
when prompted in the File Download dialog.
[clicked open]
During the update, network connectivity will be
interrupted.
[yep, this happens - noticible with my wireless laptop]

More about : 700 critical update complete

Anonymous
July 31, 2004 8:29:27 PM

I'm having the same problem too.

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 2:16:00 PM

If you have a problem with updating, there should be a log file on your
computer, BBNUpdateLog.txt. If the software is installed, it will be in the
install directory. If the software is not installed, it will be in the
folder above the location the files were extracted to. Please send the file
and a detailed description of what you were trying to do and what happened
to hnbugs@microsoft.com and someone will look at the files.

--
Neel Malik
Program Manager

"Deevil" <deevil@telus.net> wrote in message
> I really cannot seem to figure out how to complete this
> process.
>
> I'm connected via WIRE not wireless, not using any
> firewall (not even the WinXP one) [however did try the
> update with the base station firewall both on and off]
>
> Tried restarting the base station (not the full wipe
> everything, but the "refreshing" one)
>
> Anyways, anyone else having this problem? Out of the
> three components that were being updated the Boot
> Firmware and Runtime Firmware could not be updated,
> Application software had no problem.
>
> Log off the Base Station Management Tool before you
> update.
> [logged off]
> For best download results, click Open rather than Save
> when prompted in the File Download dialog.
> [clicked open]
> During the update, network connectivity will be
> interrupted.
> [yep, this happens - noticible with my wireless laptop]
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 9:55:18 PM

Yes I am have the same problem. Did you get it resolved
yet?

!