Latitude CP M233ST

Does anyone have a Owners/Operators
Manual for sale or know where I can
get one online?
I bought dell CP M233STfrom a private seller. Of course no manual, so
I'm at a loss as to how to power it on.

I'm assuming the button on top of the
keyboard, just left of center, is the power
on/off button? I was able to get the screen
to come on two seperate occasions, but
now it will not. The two "LINE' (of 3] at
the top of the keyboard will come on and
and the first one ( on the left) goes out
in 1 second, and the center light goes
out in in another 5 seconds. The third
green light on the then flashs on/off
a second later. That third light then
proceeds to flash on/off once every
9 seconds. And the screen will not
come on ( Boot? ).

Any and all assistance is greatly
appreciated very much. Thank
you all in advance.

Capt. John

"CAPT. JOHN" <JJJJJr@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have a Owners/Operators
> Manual for sale or know where I can
> get one online?
> I bought dell CP M233STfrom a private seller. Of course no
> manual, so
> I'm at a loss as to how to power it on.
>
> I'm assuming the button on top of the
> keyboard, just left of center, is the power
> on/off button? I was able to get the screen
> to come on two seperate occasions, but
> now it will not. The two "LINE' (of 3] at
> the top of the keyboard will come on and
> and the first one ( on the left) goes out
> in 1 second, and the center light goes
> out in in another 5 seconds. The third
> green light on the then flashs on/off
> a second later. That third light then
> proceeds to flash on/off once every
> 9 seconds. And the screen will not
> come on ( Boot? ).
>
> Any and all assistance is greatly
> appreciated very much. Thank
> you all in advance.
>
> Capt. John

Docs are found here;
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pmojav/

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pmojav/document.htm

"CAPT. JOHN" <JJJJJr@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have a Owners/Operators
> Manual for sale or know where I can
> get one online?
> I bought dell CP M233STfrom a private seller. Of course no manual, so
> I'm at a loss as to how to power it on.
>
> I'm assuming the button on top of the
> keyboard, just left of center, is the power
> on/off button? I was able to get the screen
> to come on two seperate occasions, but
> now it will not. The two "LINE' (of 3] at
> the top of the keyboard will come on and
> and the first one ( on the left) goes out
> in 1 second, and the center light goes
> out in in another 5 seconds. The third
> green light on the then flashs on/off
> a second later. That third light then
> proceeds to flash on/off once every
> 9 seconds. And the screen will not
> come on ( Boot? ).
>
> Any and all assistance is greatly
> appreciated very much. Thank
> you all in advance.
>
> Capt. John

Thanks to both of for responding. I checked that dell site out thouroly
a few days ago but was unable tq
download the Owners Manual because
of the inability to complete the booting
up / power on process because of the
problem mentioned in my post above.

i was really hoping someone here
might be able to try and tell me how
to get this computer to finish booting
up so i can do something anything
with it. Again than you both for your
help.

Capt. John

Would Someone please address my
problem? Thank you in advance.

Capt. John

In news:11388-42E151F7-584@storefull-3237.bay.webtv.net,
CAPT. JOHN <JJJJJr@webtv.net> opined very noisily:
> Would Someone please address my
> problem? Thank you in advance.
>
> Capt. John

D/L the service manaul from
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pmojav/document.htm
Or if you are unable to do it via your Web TV connection get a mate to do it
for you

Your description of the fault points to a Duff motherboard though :-(
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

"CAPT. JOHN" <JJJJJr@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Would Someone please address my
> problem? Thank you in advance.
>
> Capt. John

I think if anyone knew the answer, they would have responded. This machine
is so old that I've never seen one.

Tom

In news:__cEe.12439$iG6.10960@tornado.tampabay.rr.com,
Tom Scales <tomtoo@softhome.net> opined very noisily:
> "CAPT. JOHN" <JJJJJr@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Would Someone please address my
>> problem? Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Capt. John
>>

> I think if anyone knew the answer, they would have responded. This
> machine is so old that I've never seen one.
>
> Tom

It is not THAT old -- The last I resuscitated was 120Mhz CPU with maxof 32
M Ram and an enormous 1 G HDD !
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

The LEDs are Top Row, Power ON/Drive Active/Battery
Lower Row, Numlock/CapsLock/ScrollLock
The power Button is Upper left, above keyboard. If the
battery light is blinking Green, then it means the battery
is trickle charging.
Solid Green would be charging, while various Amber states
are low
battery indicators. The fact that the power button goes out
after one second
is not good. Something is causing the machine not to turn
on.