Latitude Battery light

I've just obtained a Latitude CPi that was being retired from a company.
Aside from missing the floppy drive (no biggie), the battery light never
comes on and the battery doesn't charge.

The system works fine when on the power adapter, but never charges the
battery. According to what I've read elsewhere even a bad battery would
cause the light to come on.

I've tried the battery in the cd bay with the same result.

The power supply light is a steady green.

Model Number: Latitude CPi 366xt

Any suggestions?

A totally dead battery (which is very possible on a model that old)
woudl produce the symptoms you're seeing.