Distinguished
Jan 10, 2003
Which is "better"?

"Consiousness of the past alone
can make us understand the present" - Herbert Luethy

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
This might be a personal answer, but I've had a lot more sucess with the Duron. It overclocks especially well.

But on the other side of this, the school I work at has a ton of Celerons which go through hell 16 hours a day.

It's all good ^_^

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Which is "better"?
That's like asking which is better, an apple or an orange? You can make arguments for both sides and neither is any more right or wrong than the other.

That aside, you're also really not specifying P3 Celeron(Celery) or P4 Celeron(Wilty), which could make a notable difference in people's responses.

But the real question in my mind is, with the prices of low-end non-budget CPUs (Athlons and Pentiums) so low, why would anyone even bother with a budget CPU like a Celeron or a Duron in the first place?

PC Repair-Vol 1:Getting To Know Your PC.
PC Repair-Vol 2:Troubleshooting Your PC.
PC Repair-Vol 3:Having Trouble Troubleshooting Your PC?
PC Repair-Vol 4:Having Trouble Shooting Your PC?

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
well...the Duron 1.3GHz outperforms the 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 and in some instances the 2GHz Celeron......thr realy question is why would u buy a Duron 1.3Ghz when its roughly the same price as a AXDA T-Bred A 1700+ ??? which handidly outperforms even the best Celeron of 2.2Ghz....

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>