Windows Exploring Search Error "There was a problem sendin..

When I start Explorer, then select File Search, I receive an error message
"There was a problem sending the command to the program" and no search
options appear. The first time I tried, I was asked by EZ Firewall if I
wanted to allow Explorer to access the web. As I was searching my hard drive
I declined. What do I need to do to get Win XP search function to work? Why
did it try to go out to the network?

I'm running XP V2002 SP2. Windows Exploring returns Version 5.1 Build
2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 : Service Pack 2.

Error message: There was a problem sending the command to the program:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/zonealarmerror.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Kurt M. Sanger" <KurtMSanger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start Explorer, then select File Search, I receive an error message
> "There was a problem sending the command to the program" and no search
> options appear. The first time I tried, I was asked by EZ Firewall if I
> wanted to allow Explorer to access the web. As I was searching my hard
> drive
> I declined. What do I need to do to get Win XP search function to work?
> Why
> did it try to go out to the network?
>
> I'm running XP V2002 SP2. Windows Exploring returns Version 5.1 Build
> 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 : Service Pack 2.

Ramesh; Thanks for the reply. I'm running E-Trust EZ-Firewall which is
similar to Zone Alarm. Don't know when it started watching for local
programs accessing the hard drive though. Like Zone Alarm, I had to enable
Windows Explorer to access Trusted Sites. Nowhere is the C: Drive listed as
a trusted site or zone in the Help files. Trusted zones appear to have IP
addresses...