Toshiba Model Satellite A305-S6916 Screen break!!!

novapekes

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I accidentally broke my boyfriend's laptop screen last night (didn't realize that you can't drop them on the floor without breaking the screen... :( ) A few questions:
1. I found this laptop screen online, and it is the cheapest one for this model that I could get. What is the best screen for this model? Is this a good screen? http://www.screencountry.com/index.php?section=products&model=SATELLITE%20A305-S6916&brand=Toshiba&size=

2. How easy or difficult is it to install a new screen into this computer?

3. Is there anything special that we should know about the installation process for this model?

I told him about it, and he says that he will fix it himself rather than going to a tech person to do it. Is that reasonable?

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Try to fix a laptop is hard enough (when it comes to hardware), and try to install a new monitor into it is even harder.

The screen that you linked to looks fine, but since it's the first time that I come across this kind of problem I can't say farther.

Since you wrote nothing about your boyfriend's technical knowledge, there is no way I can recommend him to do it, or not do it. Any way the recommendation in this kind of things it to talk to Toshiba and ask about a certificated technician that they work with or recommend, If there is a guarantee for the laptop even better.

There are many models and manufacturer's of laptops, so the right thing to do, if you decide to install it by yourself after all, is to look for it in the laptop's manual. or in the manufacturer's site (in your case Toshiba).