Waste ink tube epson artisan 50

oileditorguy

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I use a CIS ink system on my Epson artisan 50. It hasn't reached the waste counter maximum yet, and I haven't attached the waste ink tube, but before I try, I need the software command to reset that counter, otherwise the printer will stop working.
My CIS is very good, but when Epson senses a "cartridge" out of ink, a simple button resets the cartridge. Problem is, the printer then runs a clean cycle, and everybody knows how much ink Epson wastes doing this. With a waste ink bottle and bulk ink, I can print oodles of images for very little money, but that counter...
On my old Epson 220, which I ran for years with a CIS, I used the ssc service utility courtesy our Russian friends, but apparently it's not compatible with the Artisan 50.
Any suggestions?

expresspci

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

alfredjr18

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Automatic Reset Chip allows you to continue using the same cartridge and reset itself. Normal ink cartridges limit the number of prints by presetting the maximum number of prints on the "Smart Chip." But with our ink cartridges, you will continue using the same cartridge again and again.
Transparent Design - All refillable cartridges are designed clearly so that our customers are able see how much ink they have put in. This will reduce leaking when refilling.
Spongeless Design - Sharp and clean prints after refilling! No more streaks caused by air bubbles!

rckowal

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
Do you know of such a utility for the Epson Photo 1400? Link please

Richard

cksdjs

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009

I need the Activation Key and Instructions for the Artisan 725. It gave me a warning, and I found and ordered a waste-ink tank, but have not tried to install it yet. Am using my Artisan 837 now, and have a wierd nozzle check printout for one of the colors. Need help with that too, just started a new thread about it.