INFO: Anyone know a good source for a Hook display?

I have a line on a Hook that's supposed to be in good shape, except for the
display which is broken. The only replacement I've found is an LEDPin
display for $330. I couldn't find any places on the web that had used ones
or cheaper ones. I just wanted to check to see if anyone out there knew of
sites or people that would have replacements.

Thanxx,
--
Adam
adam_AT_msn_DOT_com

Well the bad news is that these have long since been discontinued by
the display manufacturer. However if you have a broken one, send the
display board to Betson-Imperial (get an RMA # first) and they will
ship it to the manufacturer for repair. The manufacturer kept a bunch
of new display glasses in the repair parts inventory to fix these with.
The manufacturer will not deal with individuals so that's why you must
go thru Betson-Imperial's service dept.

The display will be gone for around a month, but when it comes back it
will be like brand new and come with a warranty too.

Otherwise your only option to to shell out the cash and get a PinLed
display.

Any idea what this service costs? Ballpark? I know, I know, less that
$330 :>)

Looking for a Hook and figure sooner or later the display may go out so
this is good info to have.

Thanks Ken!

Very good info. Thank you very much! :)

--
Adam
adam_AT_msn_DOT_com

"Ken Layton" <KLayton888@aol.com> wrote in message

> Well the bad news is that these have long since been discontinued by
> the display manufacturer. However if you have a broken one, send the
> display board to Betson-Imperial (get an RMA # first) and they will
> ship it to the manufacturer for repair. The manufacturer kept a bunch
> of new display glasses in the repair parts inventory to fix these with.
> The manufacturer will not deal with individuals so that's why you must
> go thru Betson-Imperial's service dept.
>
> The display will be gone for around a month, but when it comes back it
> will be like brand new and come with a warranty too.
>
> Otherwise your only option to to shell out the cash and get a PinLed
> display.

Happ Controls sells the glass only for $103.55, it's part # 49-7003-01.
It's not listed in the catalog but they do have them. Unfortunantly
your post doesn't read like you would know if the display board is
good.

zTim

The display glass is broken and the display doesn't work. I don't know if
there's a PCB behind there that doesn't work, but I know the display device
itself is completely broken.

--

Adam
adam_AT_msn_DOT_com

"Rockola" <fredmertz_1@msn.com> wrote in message
> Happ Controls sells the glass only for $103.55, it's part # 49-7003-01.
> It's not listed in the catalog but they do have them. Unfortunantly
> your post doesn't read like you would know if the display board is
> good.
>
> zTim

In that case I would have to say go with the pinLED. Any other route
may cost close to the same... not to mention taking forever.

zTim

Sounds reasonable. Unfortunately the person called this morning and decided
not to sell the machine. At least he decided to not sell it too me. :-(

But, it was cool to learn about the pinLED items. I hadn't heard of those
before. I'll definitely have to keep an eye on them if I need some of their
parts in the future. Sounds like their parts would last longer then the
normal displays.