How do I remove partitions from second internal drive

blayson

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Have two internal hard drives.
Thought would be good to partition them for organization.
Have found that this slows Lightroom down.

Can I unpartition without changing or losing any of the the files?

Thank you

Solution
Sussed it. You have to move the unallocated space so that it is physically next to the C drive. Choose 'resize/move ' D and expand D into the unallocated space. Now use the slider on the other end of D to create as much unallocated space as you want to increase C by on the left hand side of the bar representing D. OK that screen. Now you'll see the unallocated space between C and D. Expand C into the new unallocated space. OK then Apply. Your machine will shut down in order to complete before booting into Windows.

blayson

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Thank you for help. Both partitions are very full, not room to move files from one into another.
I am copying all of the files to an external drive now.
Then will use one of the suggestions above. Is one partition program better? Or is the win 7 partition ok?

blayson

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Ok fixed second drive no problems. Didn't even need my backup.
First drive has:
A small section or partition which is reserved
then C: with 96 Gb, with operating system and program files, etc, 80% full.
I added D: and called it My Data, don't remember why, it's about 30% full.
and Unallocated space of 33Gb that is empty.
I tried to use the free partition from EasUS to add the Unallocated to C:. I use my desktop for a lot of semi- Temporary holding folders.
Will C: expand into the Unallocated space if it needs to?
I couldn't see a war to add the 33Gb of space to C: so it would have more room.

OK I'll try to set up a similar scenario on my experimental laptop... not sure why you can't expand C into the unallocated 33gig, may be due to the physical location of the space. Are you able to post a screenshot of the EaseUS screen, Home Page?

Sussed it. You have to move the unallocated space so that it is physically next to the C drive. Choose 'resize/move ' D and expand D into the unallocated space. Now use the slider on the other end of D to create as much unallocated space as you want to increase C by on the left hand side of the bar representing D. OK that screen. Now you'll see the unallocated space between C and D. Expand C into the new unallocated space. OK then Apply. Your machine will shut down in order to complete before booting into Windows.

Solution

blayson

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012

Thank You!