Sony VAIO Xp Home Edition Wont Startup!

Okey I have a Sony VAIO RX650 Windows XP Home edition.

While my brother was trying to login into gunzonline the computer
froze and then restarted. It asked me to press F1 to continue and F2
to setup. I pressed F1 to continue and the options were to either,
Start computer normally, Start Computer with last known good
configuration or Safe mode. I did all three and none of the worked.
Before the computer starts up, it shows this blue screen and it has
some text on it but i can’t read it.

The computer is 3 years and 4 months. The bad news is that i somehow,
still dont know how but lost some of the recovery disk. I only have
Sony Recovery CD Version v51.0 (cd 2 and cd 3). Can somone please help
me!

I tried calling Sony but they won’t even talk to me for free, when i
did ask if they could send me the recovery disk they said they dont
have it anymore and this was like 2 years ago. Hey if you have the
disk and somehow could make me a copy that will be lovely.

Help is very much appreciated.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Sony-VAIO-Xp-Home-Edition-Wont-Startup-ftopict405328.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1343525
1 answer Last reply
More about sony vaio home edition wont startup

    Do you get this kind of error messages

    Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

    Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE

    Stop: c0000218 {Registry File Failure} The registry cannot load the hive
    (file): \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE or its log or alternate
    System error: Lsass.exe

    When trying to update a password the return status indicates that the value
    provided as the current password is not correct.

    If you get so go
    herehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

    For the starting up problems you may visit here
    http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/1476

    --
    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    "Milane" wrote:

    > Okey I have a Sony VAIO RX650 Windows XP Home edition.
    >
    > While my brother was trying to login into gunzonline the computer
    > froze and then restarted. It asked me to press F1 to continue and F2
    > to setup. I pressed F1 to continue and the options were to either,
    > Start computer normally, Start Computer with last known good
    > configuration or Safe mode. I did all three and none of the worked.
    > Before the computer starts up, it shows this blue screen and it has
    > some text on it but i can’t read it.
    >
    > The computer is 3 years and 4 months. The bad news is that i somehow,
    > still dont know how but lost some of the recovery disk. I only have
    > Sony Recovery CD Version v51.0 (cd 2 and cd 3). Can somone please help
    > me!
    >
    > I tried calling Sony but they won’t even talk to me for free, when i
    > did ask if they could send me the recovery disk they said they dont
    > have it anymore and this was like 2 years ago. Hey if you have the
    > disk and somehow could make me a copy that will be lovely.
    >
    > Help is very much appreciated.

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Sony-VAIO-Xp-Home-Edition-Wont-Startup-ftopict405328.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1343525

Computers Sony Vaio Windows XP