Sony VAIO Xp Home Edition Wont Startup!

Okey I have a Sony VAIO RX650 Windows XP Home edition.

While my brother was trying to login into gunzonline the computer
froze and then restarted. It asked me to press F1 to continue and F2
to setup. I pressed F1 to continue and the options were to either,
Start computer normally, Start Computer with last known good
configuration or Safe mode. I did all three and none of the worked.
Before the computer starts up, it shows this blue screen and it has
some text on it but i can’t read it.

The computer is 3 years and 4 months. The bad news is that i somehow,
still dont know how but lost some of the recovery disk. I only have
Sony Recovery CD Version v51.0 (cd 2 and cd 3). Can somone please help
me!

I tried calling Sony but they won’t even talk to me for free, when i
did ask if they could send me the recovery disk they said they dont
have it anymore and this was like 2 years ago. Hey if you have the
disk and somehow could make me a copy that will be lovely.

Help is very much appreciated.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Sony-VAIO-Xp-Home-Edition-Wont-Startup-ftopict405328.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1343525

Do you get this kind of error messages

Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE

Stop: c0000218 {Registry File Failure} The registry cannot load the hive
(file): \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE or its log or alternate
System error: Lsass.exe

When trying to update a password the return status indicates that the value
provided as the current password is not correct.

If you get so go
herehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

For the starting up problems you may visit here
http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/1476

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy