1 File

Hi, I noticed a strange thing in my C: drive. I have two files with
the names like t1j4.1 and t1j4. File types are "1 File" and "File".
Size is 0 bytes. I can’t delete these files, because there are in
use. I suspected these could be virus. When I ran the virus scan these
are not tagged as virus or spyware. I searched for "1 File" in the
internet, couldn’t find any useful info. Anyone encountered this
kind of file before? Thanks in advance.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-File-ftopict405375.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1343751

Ram wrote:
> Hi, I noticed a strange thing in my C: drive. I have two files with
> the names like t1j4.1 and t1j4. File types are "1 File" and "File".
> Size is 0 bytes. I can’t delete these files, because there are in
> use. I suspected these could be virus. When I ran the virus scan these
> are not tagged as virus or spyware. I searched for "1 File" in the
> internet, couldn’t find any useful info. Anyone encountered this
> kind of file before? Thanks in advance.

Safe mode, rename them. Normal Mode.. Everything stays okay - delete them.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"Ram" wrote:
> Hi, I noticed a strange thing in my C: drive. I have two files
> with the names like t1j4.1 and t1j4. File types are "1 File"
> and "File". Size is 0 bytes. I can't delete these files,
> because there are in use. I suspected these could be virus.
> When I ran the virus scan these are not tagged as virus or
> spyware. I searched for "1 File" in the internet, couldn't
> find any useful info. Anyone encountered this kind of file
> before? Thanks in advance.

when it says file typoe, it measn file extension, so you wont fine any
thing about them on google (or any other search engian) and the file
name looks randomly gnrated, you should open them in note pad, if
there complealty empty it seems unlikly they are nessasery, go in to
safe mode and delete them.

"Sparda" wrote:
> when it says file typoe, it measn file extension, so you wont
> fine any thing about them on google (or any other search
> engian) and the file name looks randomly gnrated, you should
> open them in note pad, if there complealty empty it seems
> unlikly they are nessasery, go in to safe mode and delete
> them.

I can’t delete these files because system gives me message like
"This file can’t be accessed because it’s used by another
process". These file names are randomly generated. Every time I
restart/shutdown-start the computer, new files are created -- one with
"1 File" type another with just "File" type. What’s the Safe mode?
How do I access it? I use windows xp home.

Ram wrote:
> I can’t delete these files because system gives me message like
> "This file can’t be accessed because it’s used by another
> process". These file names are randomly generated. Every time I
> restart/shutdown-start the computer, new files are created -- one with
> "1 File" type another with just "File" type. What’s the Safe mode?
> How do I access it? I use windows xp home.

Start button --> Help and Support --> Search for "Safe Mode". Click on
"Start Windows in safe mode" from the menu on the left when it finds it and
follow the instructions.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

"Ram" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I noticed a strange thing in my C: drive. I have two files with
> the names like t1j4.1 and t1j4. File types are "1 File" and "File".
> Size is 0 bytes. I canâ?Tt delete these files, because there are in
> use. I suspected these could be virus. When I ran the virus scan these
> are not tagged as virus or spyware. I searched for "1 File" in the
> internet, couldnâ?Tt find any useful info. Anyone encountered this
> kind of file before? Thanks in advance.

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-File-ftopict405375.html

Are you using MYSQL?

MYSQL creates two files txxx. and txxx.1 in C:\ (where xxx is a random
combination) and deleted them when it closes down.

Nothing to fret over if that's the problem.

HTH

....Bill

"" wrote:
> "Ram" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I noticed a strange thing in my C: drive. I have two
> files with
> > the names like t1j4.1 and t1j4. File types are "1 File" and
> "File".
> > Size is 0 bytes. I canâ?Tt delete these files, because there
> are in
> > use. I suspected these could be virus. When I ran the virus
> scan these
> > are not tagged as virus or spyware. I searched for "1 File"
> in the
> > internet, couldnâ?Tt find any useful info. Anyone
> encountered this
> > kind of file before? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-File-ftopict405375.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1343751
>
> Are you using MYSQL?
>
> MYSQL creates two files txxx. and txxx.1 in C: (where xxx is
> a random
> combination) and deleted them when it closes down.
>
> Nothing to fret over if that's the problem.
>
> HTH
>
> ....Bill

That explains it! I do use MySQL. Thank you!