configuring a GX620

I'm trying to configure a GX620 with dual monitors

My company will not buy anything but what comes from Dell so which video
card option should I pick so the dual monitors works the bs
1) integrated video, Intel GMA950
2) DVI (Digital Adapter Card, full height
3) PCIe 128MB ATI X600SE

I'm trying to configure the system with two Dell 19 inch ultrasharp 1905FPs

OK reading more the GX620 does not support dual video

what system should I get if I want dual video?

"William Kossack" <kossackw@njc.org> wrote in message
> OK reading more the GX620 does not support dual video
>
> what system should I get if I want dual video?

It's not the GX620 that you need to worry about it's the video card and
drivers. I believe the ATI X600SE supports dual monitors. You can go out
to ATI's website to verify.

--

Rob

the problem is picking a video card from the dell site that supports
dual video

I don't see the ati card on the selection list

Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:

>"William Kossack" <kossackw@njc.org> wrote in message
>

>>OK reading more the GX620 does not support dual video
>>
>>what system should I get if I want dual video?
>>

>It's not the GX620 that you need to worry about it's the video card and
>drivers. I believe the ATI X600SE supports dual monitors. You can go out
>to ATI's website to verify.
>
>--
>
>Rob

I found a posting from dell saying

First, let me apologize. This X600SE for Optiplex video card was never
intended for dual monitor usage and shouldn't have been sold under this
pretense. The only dual display functionality is the following:
- CRT and TV = VGA connector with DVI-I-to-VGA adapter and S-Video connector
- DVI and TV = Dual Displays DVI-I and S-Video connector

so you have to connect the second monitor via s-video

Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:

>"William Kossack" <kossackw@njc.org> wrote in message
>

>>OK reading more the GX620 does not support dual video
>>
>>what system should I get if I want dual video?
>>

>It's not the GX620 that you need to worry about it's the video card and
>drivers. I believe the ATI X600SE supports dual monitors. You can go out
>to ATI's website to verify.
>
>--
>
>Rob

ah sorry there it is

>I found a posting from dell saying
>
> First, let me apologize. This X600SE for Optiplex video card was never
> intended for dual monitor usage and shouldn't have been sold under this
> pretense. The only dual display functionality is the following:
> - CRT and TV = VGA connector with DVI-I-to-VGA adapter and S-Video
> connector
> - DVI and TV = Dual Displays DVI-I and S-Video connector
>
> so you have to connect the second monitor via s-video

Interesting, I read the same post in the Dell Forums. Before I gave up on
it I'd go get a dual monitor Y cable and the proper drivers and see if it
works. Many times Dell says things aren't available not because its not
capable but because dell hasn't approved it e.g. the dual monitor capable
driver.

Just a thought.

I have a low profile 620 coming in a couple of days and if I can drum up the
cable I'll try it out.

Rob

Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:

>"William Kossack" <kossackw@njc.org> wrote in message
>

>>I found a posting from dell saying
>>
>>First, let me apologize. This X600SE for Optiplex video card was never
>>intended for dual monitor usage and shouldn't have been sold under this
>>pretense. The only dual display functionality is the following:
>>- CRT and TV = VGA connector with DVI-I-to-VGA adapter and S-Video
>>connector
>>- DVI and TV = Dual Displays DVI-I and S-Video connector
>>
>>so you have to connect the second monitor via s-video
>>

>Interesting, I read the same post in the Dell Forums. Before I gave up on
>it I'd go get a dual monitor Y cable and the proper drivers and see if it
>works. Many times Dell says things aren't available not because its not
>capable but because dell hasn't approved it e.g. the dual monitor capable
>driver.
>
>Just a thought.
>
>I have a low profile 620 coming in a couple of days and if I can drum up the
>cable I'll try it out.
>
>Rob

so which video card should I use with the GX620 and dual monitors?