• eMachines
  • Acer
  • Computer
  • Graphics Cards
  • Motherboards
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
August 24, 2011 8:38:50 PM

I have an Acer Aspire X1700 and was wanting to buy a new graphics card, at first I intended to get an AMD Radeon 6870 card but it is looking like my motherboard (Acer X1700) cannot run it, for specification reasons and stuff..

Now I am a complete noob at buying new stuff for my computer and upgrading, so I need help with this, would I be able to get the Radeon 6870 to run with my motherboard? If not, could I buy a new motherboard and put it into this Acer computer or would I have to buy a new computer?

Ideally, I would love to hear a way to get the card to run on my current motherboard, but it is unlikely, so I would be happy to hear that I can buy a new motherboard and replace my current one with a new one.

I really need help with this stuff because as I said, I am a complete noob at buying new parts for my computer

More about : wanting buy graphics card motherboard acerx1700

a c 926 U Graphics card
a c 1528 V Motherboard
August 24, 2011 9:21:40 PM

PCI Express® 2.0 x16 graphics card support (low-profile)

You would need a low profile card ^

Your power supply doesn't have the juice to run that card!

Because this is a sff case your upgrade options are limited!
August 24, 2011 10:19:50 PM

How can I tell a low-profile card?

Could I not purchase a new motherboard with a better power supply then?

And sorry, but i don't kow what sff means :/ 

thanks for the help though, what card would you recommend?
Related resources
a c 926 U Graphics card
a c 1528 V Motherboard
August 24, 2011 11:23:58 PM

You need a full size tower that will hold a bigger power supply and a full size card!
August 24, 2011 11:34:14 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
You need a full size tower that will hold a bigger power supply and a full size card!

So what possible cards are there I could go for no more than £250?
a b U Graphics card
a c 108 V Motherboard
September 2, 2011 5:41:28 PM

This is not the type of computer that you want to put money in! Use the computer 'as-is' and buy/build one to suit your needs.
September 4, 2011 4:20:50 PM

Ubrales said:
This is not the type of computer that you want to put money in! Use the computer 'as-is' and buy/build one to suit your needs.

Thanks, I found an american site I can use to build a gaming PC with great customization options, so when I get the money I'll buy one from there :) 

Thanks for the help
a b U Graphics card
a c 108 V Motherboard
September 4, 2011 5:05:05 PM

Glewisguy said:
Thanks, I found an american site I can use to build a gaming PC with great customization options, so when I get the money I'll buy one from there :) 

Thanks for the help

Wait for the Black Friday deals on November 25, 2011. Every store in the US will have great deals! Even the custom PC builders!
!