info on a presario 4504

After playing around with the computer. I found out that all I needed to
do, was disable the S3 video of the onboard card thru windows
(DeviceManager).

I've installed and is using a 8mb ATI Rage Pro, that works very well
with this computer.

About the only thing I would like to have information on, is the memory
and if someone here has already went thru this upgrade? I looked for
installed memory, and came up with nothing. I do see a memory slot,
that seems to support SDRAM 100/133 memory modules. But heck, I know
that can't be the case?

I will report back here if I find something, thanks for the help!

EDIT:Just found out that this computer will only support 48mb of SDRAM
PC 66, and 16mb of that is built-in memory. So in other words, one bank
slot for one stick of 32mb memory.

I really hate that, but life goes on.

Thank everyone for your help.....:D

--
ICH

hh

The slot can take up to a 32MB SyncDRAM DIMM. Unfortunately you must use a
PC66 DIMM which is hard to find. PC100/133 will not work due to timing
issues. You can get a 32MBPC66 DIMM here:

http://www.isellsurplus.com/showcategory.asp?c=15&s=80

48MB is max on the 4504. Oh, good luck getting win 98 to run reliably on the
4500 series PC.It normally balks at anything newer than Win 95.

HH