Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

MN-700 Firmware wont update.

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 31, 2004 9:04:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

When running the updates, It goes to update my firmware
and asks me for the password to my base station. I put in
my password and click OK. It sits there for a second and
then a window pops up saying the password that I typed is
incorrect.

I KNOW my pasword is correct, I can go log into my base
station with the password...

Any ideas?
August 1, 2004 12:16:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Try running "%temp%" (without the quotes) and deleting everything in
that folder.

JP wrote:
> When running the updates, It goes to update my firmware
> and asks me for the password to my base station. I put in
> my password and click OK. It sits there for a second and
> then a window pops up saying the password that I typed is
> incorrect.
>
> I KNOW my pasword is correct, I can go log into my base
> station with the password...
>
> Any ideas?
August 1, 2004 12:16:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

No luck :/ 


>-----Original Message-----
>Try running "%temp%" (without the quotes) and deleting
everything in
>that folder.
>
Related resources
August 1, 2004 1:33:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Make sure caps lock isn't on.

Also try signing in from that computer.

JP wrote:

> No luck :/ 
>
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Try running "%temp%" (without the quotes) and deleting
>
> everything in
>
>>that folder.
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 8:47:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Are you updating the firmware from a machine that's wired or wireless? I'd recommend a wired connection, even if its temporary.

Additionally, you can save the router settings, reset it, via reset switch on the back, update the firmware using the default password, then loading your saved settings.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm
--------------------------------
Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"JP" <ruler_brain@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7e0101c4775b$1f713a60$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> When running the updates, It goes to update my firmware
> and asks me for the password to my base station. I put in
> my password and click OK. It sits there for a second and
> then a window pops up saying the password that I typed is
> incorrect.
>
> I KNOW my pasword is correct, I can go log into my base
> station with the password...
>
> Any ideas?
August 1, 2004 11:33:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Ya, I tried logging onto the base station right after I
got incorrect password to make sure I remembered it right
and had no problems logging on to it....


>-----Original Message-----
>Make sure caps lock isn't on.
>
>Also try signing in from that computer.
>
>JP wrote:
>
>> No luck :/ 
August 1, 2004 11:34:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

I am updating it from a wired connection...

I will try resetting the router a little later, but what
is the default password?


>-----Original Message-----
>Are you updating the firmware from a machine that's
wired or wireless? I'd recommend a wired connection,
even if its temporary.
>
>Additionally, you can save the router settings, reset
it, via reset switch on the back, update the firmware
using the default password, then loading your saved
settings.
>
>--
August 1, 2004 8:42:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

The default password is "admin" (without the quotes).

JP wrote:
> I am updating it from a wired connection...
>
> I will try resetting the router a little later, but what
> is the default password?
>
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Are you updating the firmware from a machine that's
>
> wired or wireless? I'd recommend a wired connection,
> even if its temporary.
>
>>Additionally, you can save the router settings, reset
>
> it, via reset switch on the back, update the firmware
> using the default password, then loading your saved
> settings.
>
>>--
>
>
!