MN-700 Firmware wont update.

When running the updates, It goes to update my firmware
and asks me for the password to my base station. I put in
my password and click OK. It sits there for a second and
then a window pops up saying the password that I typed is
incorrect.

I KNOW my pasword is correct, I can go log into my base
station with the password...

Any ideas?
7 answers Last reply
More about firmware wont update

    Try running "%temp%" (without the quotes) and deleting everything in
    that folder.

    JP wrote:
    > When running the updates, It goes to update my firmware
    > and asks me for the password to my base station. I put in
    > my password and click OK. It sits there for a second and
    > then a window pops up saying the password that I typed is
    > incorrect.
    >
    > I KNOW my pasword is correct, I can go log into my base
    > station with the password...
    >
    > Any ideas?

    No luck :/

    Make sure caps lock isn't on.

    Also try signing in from that computer.

    JP wrote:

    > No luck :/

    Are you updating the firmware from a machine that's wired or wireless? I'd recommend a wired connection, even if its temporary.

    Additionally, you can save the router settings, reset it, via reset switch on the back, update the firmware using the default password, then loading your saved settings.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "JP" <ruler_brain@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7e0101c4775b$1f713a60$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    > When running the updates, It goes to update my firmware
    > and asks me for the password to my base station. I put in
    > my password and click OK. It sits there for a second and
    > then a window pops up saying the password that I typed is
    > incorrect.
    >
    > I KNOW my pasword is correct, I can go log into my base
    > station with the password...
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Ya, I tried logging onto the base station right after I
    got incorrect password to make sure I remembered it right
    and had no problems logging on to it....

    I am updating it from a wired connection...

    I will try resetting the router a little later, but what
    is the default password?

    The default password is "admin" (without the quotes).

    JP wrote:
    > I am updating it from a wired connection...
    >
    > I will try resetting the router a little later, but what
    > is the default password?

Routers Hardware Firmware Microsoft Networking